There is absolutely nothing worse than letting go of love when your heart is breaking. So, here is a list of letting go of love quotes that will help you heal
Nothing. And I have written countless articles about how to know when to let go of love, how to do it and what to do next. I counsel women every day and support them through this tumultuous time.
I was going to write another article but instead decided to share the wisdom of others. I truly believe that sharing in the experience of others with a broken heart is one of the best ways for us to heal.
Elizabeth Gilbert wrote: ‘When you are standing in a forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.’
So, with no further ado, the thoughts of others who have experienced, and survived, a broken heart.
‘1. How can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it’s not fatal. Though you wish in ain that it were, life continues on and you have no choice but to continue on with it. You take the hand that fate has dealt you and you press forward because there is nothing else that can be done.’ – Tracy Winegar
2. ‘Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.‘ – Patti Roberts
3. ‘When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.’ – April Mae Monterrosa
4. ‘You ask everybody you know: How long does it usually take to get over it? There are many formulas. One year for every year you dated. Two years for every year you dated. It’s just a matter of willpower: The day you decide it’s over, it’s over.’ – Junot Díaz
5. ‘However much you wanted someone to want you, there was nothing you could do to make it happen. Whatever you did for them, whatever you gave them, whatever you let them take, it could never be enough. Never enough to be sure. Never enough to satisfy them. Never enough to stop them from walking away. Never enough to make them love you.’ – Manna Francis
6. ‘It is a dull sensation, your heartbreaking, like the sound of a pebble dropping on the sand. Not a shattering, not a tearing apart, there is nothing shrill or grandiose about the sensation. It is merely an internal realization that something treasured you never knew you had is leaving forever.’– Samantha Bruce-Benjamin
7. ‘With time the pain eases, the body recovers and the brain figures out new ways to go on.’– Federico Chini
8. ‘I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.‘ – Sara Evans
9. ‘I’m really a very happy, contented little person in spite of my broken heart.‘ – L.M. Montgomery
10. ‘Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.’ – Maggi Richard
11. ‘There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.’– Shannon L. Alder
12. ‘The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.’ – Shannon L. Alder
13. ‘Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.’ – Mark Twain
14. ‘It is only with true love and compassion that we can begin to mend what is broken in the world. It is these two blessed things that can begin to heal all broken hearts.’ – Steve Maraboli
15. ‘The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.’– Faraaz Kazi
’16. I mean, I am no love expert, but I’m pretty sure that the dude making you cry every day isn’t your soulmate.’– Anon
’17. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.’– Stephen King
’18. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.’ – Steve Maraboli
19. ‘A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.’– Anon
20. ‘Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.‘ – Anon
’21. It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it’s been hurt.‘ – Anon
22. ‘If they keep hurting you, love them and stay or love yourself and leave.’– Anon
23. Letting go of love is something that you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy because the pain is truly like none other.
But remember, in the words of Coco Ginger – ‘When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.’
If you are letting go of love, know that this is not your last love but that letting go of this one opens the door for a new, better, love to come in.
Please share these letting go of love quotes with anyone who you may think will find it valuable and helpful.
Are you really struggling with letting go of love?
Let me help you cope with it, NOW, before your sadness overwhelms you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here, and let’s get started!