There is absolutely nothing worse than letting go of love when your heart is breaking. So, here is a list of letting go of love quotes that will help you heal
Nothing. And I have written countless articles about how to know when to let go of love, how to do it and what to do next. I counsel women every day and support them through this tumultuous time.
I was going to write another article but instead decided to share the wisdom of others. I truly believe that sharing in the experience of others with a broken heart is one of the best ways for us to heal.
Elizabeth Gilbert wrote: ‘When you are standing in a forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.’
So, with no further ado, the thoughts of others who have experienced, and survived, a broken heart.
‘1. How can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it’s not fatal. Though you wish in ain that it were, life continues on and you have no choice but to continue on with it. You take the hand that fate has dealt you and you press forward because there is nothing else that can be done.’ – Tracy Winegar
2. ‘Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.‘ – Patti Roberts
3. ‘When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.’ – April Mae Monterrosa
4. ‘You ask everybody you know: How long does it usually take to get over it? There are many formulas. One year for every year you dated. Two years for every year you dated. It’s just a matter of willpower: The day you decide it’s over, it’s over.’ – Junot Díaz
5. ‘However much you wanted someone to want you, there was nothing you could do to make it happen. Whatever you did for them, whatever you gave them, whatever you let them take, it could never be enough. Never enough to be sure. Never enough to satisfy them. Never enough to stop them from walking away. Never enough to make them love you.’ – Manna Francis
6. ‘It is a dull sensation, your heartbreaking, like the sound of a pebble dropping on the sand. Not a shattering, not a tearing apart, there is nothing shrill or grandiose about the sensation. It is merely an internal realization that something treasured you never knew you had is leaving forever.’– Samantha Bruce-Benjamin
7. ‘With time the pain eases, the body recovers and the brain figures out new ways to go on.’– Federico Chini
8. ‘I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.‘ – Sara Evans
9. ‘I’m really a very happy, contented little person in spite of my broken heart.‘ – L.M. Montgomery
10. ‘Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.’ – Maggi Richard