Moving on is never easy. But holding on to the past and painful memories will only hurt you. That’s why here are some quotes about letting go. Whether it’s a toxic relationship, life circumstances, friendships or simply something that is not making you happy, the best way to heal is that we must learn to let go and move on.
If you stay somewhere that isn’t meant for you, you’re putting yourself through pain and trauma. If you can learn to let go of the past that hurts and worries you so much, then only can you truly feel peace or feel good about yourself.
Letting go may seem difficult when those attachments mean everything to you. Below are some inspirational quotes about letting go of someone you love. These will give you comfort and will inspire you to move forward in your life.
30+ Inspirational Quotes About Letting Go And Moving On
1. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” — Marilyn Monroe
2. “There ain’t no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.” — Kate DiCamillo
3. “Letting go will teach you the art of being soft and humble, yet powerful and free.” — Alexandra Vasiliu
4. “At some point, you will realize that you have done too much for someone, that the only next possible step to do is to stop. Leave them alone. Walk away. It’s not like you’re giving up, and it’s not like you shouldn’t try. It’s just that you have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What is truly yours will eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be.” — Unknown
5. “You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on.” — Winna Efendi
6. Letting go of somebody who is wrong for you, is also stepping toward somebody who is right.”
7.“If they weren’t good for you in 2015, they won’t be great for you in 2016. Let them go.” — Robert Tew
8. “The longer you’re with the wrong person, you could be completely overlooking the chance to meet the right person.” ― Taylor Swift
9. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber
10. 9.“Let go of the attachment, keep the lesson” — L.J. Vanier
11. . “You didn’t love her, you just didn’t want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn’t love her because you don’t destroy the person that you love.” — Shonda Rhimes
12. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
13. “Detach yourself just when you realize you are closer to heartbreak.” — Unknown
14.. “Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else.” — Unknown
15. “Was it hard?” I ask. “Letting go?”
“Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn’t real.” ― Lisa Schroeder
16. “Sometimes you have to forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.” — Unknown
17. “Sometimes removing some people out of your life makes room for better people.” — Unknown
18. “I don’t know why we all hang on to something we know we’re better off letting go of. It’s like we’re scared to lose what we don’t even really have. Some of us say we’d rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.” — Meredith Grey
19. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”— Ann Landers
20. “It doesn’t matter if it’s a relationship, a lifestyle, or a job. If it doesn’t make you happy, let it go.”— Unknown
21. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go” — Herman Hesse
22. “She’s not going to let go until she sees for herself that there’s nothing left to hold on to.” ― Susane Colasanti
23. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” ― Daphne Rose Kingma
24. “Let go of those who are already gone.”
25. “Why don’t you tell me that ‘if the girl had been worth having she’d have waited for you? No, sir, the girl is really worth having and won’t wait for anybody.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
26. “When God shows you it’s time to let someone go and you refuse to accept it. He will allow the person to hurt you to the point you have no choice but to let go.“
27. “What’s meant to be will always find a way” — Trisha Yearwood
28. “Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.” — Rumi
29. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”- Daphne Rose Kingma
30. “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.” – Erika Taylor
31. “Feel what you need to feel and then let it go. Do not let it consume you.” – Dhiman
32. “I realized that sorrow and happiness are just two sides of a coin. No person in this universe can remain happy or sad for a long time.” – Agatha Fauvel
33. “It doesn’t matter what other people think, sometimes you just have to drop it, for your own good.” – Kate Summers
We must all learn to let go and move forward if we are to explore the good things in life. We hope that when you can’t let someone go these quotes give you the courage and inspiration to never settle for less than you deserve.
Let us know which are your favorite letting go quotes in the comments!