18. One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose, and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there, and don’t throw it away.
19. Keeping an active mind has been vital to my survival, as has been maintaining a sense of humor.
20. The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.
21. Some people would claim that things like love, joy, and beauty belong to a different category from science and can’t be described in scientific terms, but I think they can now be explained by the theory of evolution.
22. It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven’t done badly. People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
23. It surprises me how disinterested we are today about things like physics, space, the universe, and the philosophy of our existence, our purpose, our final destination. It’s a crazy world out there. Be curious.
24. I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.
25. I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
26. I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth.
27. There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, [and] science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works.
28. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.
29. To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit.
30. We each exist for but a short time, and in that time explore but a small part of the whole universe.
31. It would not be beyond the realms of possibility that somewhere outside of our own universe lies another different universe. And in that universe, Zayn is still in One Direction.