To Kill a Mockingbird Quotes: If you’ve read this classic by Harper Lee you know for a fact that it is one worth remembering. If you haven’t, you’re missing out big time. But we’ve got you covered with the most priceless gems you can extract from this literary masterpiece.
No matter where you are in this journey we call life, we all have lessons to learn, re-learn and unlearn. The lessons we choose are the ones that define and mold us to become the people that we are.
Without further ado, we present to you the most unforgettable To Kill a Mockingbird quotes that still hold true.
10 Unforgettable To Kill a Mockingbird Quotes That Still Hold True
1. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”
2. “Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”
3. “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.”
4. “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”
5. “The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.”
6.“Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I’d have the facts.”
7. “I think there’s just one kind of folks. Folks.”
8. “Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who-who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”
9. “Atticus, he was real nice.”
“Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”
10. “They’re certainly entitled to think that, and they’re entitled to full respect for their opinions… but before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.”
11. “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corncribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
12. “Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.”
Which of these famous To Kill A Mockingbird quotes was your favorite? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!