40+ Muhammad Ali Quotes: The name Muhammad Ali has long been synonymous with professional boxing. Considered as one of the true legends of the sport, he remains to be one of the greatest heavyweights in history. But what goes unmentioned and is often thrown under the bus are Muhammad Ali’s quotes and insightful words of wisdom.
Muhammad Ali, formerly Cassius Clay, is not only known for his prowess in the ring but also his ability to stir controversy. He is regarded as a figurehead in the fight for racial equality and religious freedom, as well as his anti-Vietnam war views and evasion from conscription. He is also known as a spokesperson for Parkinson’s disease.
Over the years, Muhammad Ali’s motivational quotes have also gained attention, boosting his popularity in and out of the ring. Muhammad Ali quotes have and will serve as inspiration for both martial artists and non-martial artists for generations to come .
Related : Much like Muhammad Ali’s quotes, Bruce Lee quotes have the power to send you flying to another point of view. Here are 50+ Bruce Lee Quotes That Will Unleash The Fighter In You.
Here are 40+ Muhammad Ali Quotes That Will Motivate You To Become A Champion:
1. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
2. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
3. “I’m young; I’m handsome; I’m fast. I can’t possibly be beat.”
4. “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
5. “Looking at life from a different perspective makes you realize that it’s not the deer that is crossing the road, rather it’s the road that is crossing the forest.”
6. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
7. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
8. “If you even dream of beating me you’d better wake up and apologize.”
9. “Braggin’ is when a person says something and can’t do it. I do what I say.”
10. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”
11. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
12. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.”
13. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
14. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see. Now you see me, now you don’t. George thinks he will, but I know he won’t.
15. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
16. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”