Does this legend really need an introduction? No pun intended when I say that Bruce Lee’s actions speak louder than his words, but you can’t deny the fact that his words speak louder than the actions of most. Yes, Bruce Lee quotes have the power to send you flying to another point of view.
Both mentally and physically – this was a man of sheer power. We are blessed by how Bruce Lee used such power to educate us through his quotes and his actions.
Bruce Lee has left the world wondering how a man with Fists of Fury could have such a calm and collected perspective on life. Like seriously, how could a man with such solid fundamentals in martial arts teach us to be like water? Okay maybe I’m overstepping my point here but there’s no denying that Bruce Lee was a gem in a generation.
So if you’re looking to unleash the fighter within you, you’ve come to the right place.
Related : Bruce Lee’s philosophy ‘Be Like Water’ is an enlightening perspective that is bound to make you understand and handle yourself better. You seriously do not want to miss out. Here’s Bruce Lee: Be Like Water.
Here are 50+ Bruce Lee Quotes That Will Unleash The Fighter In You :
1.“Do not pray for an easy life,pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
2. “Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.”
3. “You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass.”
4. “The more we value things, the less we value ourselves.”
5. “As you think,so shall you become.”
6. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
7. “I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”
8. “Instead of buying your children all the things you never had, you should teach them all the things you were never taught. Material wears out but knowledge stays.”
9. “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.”
10. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
11. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
12. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
13. “The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, but I did not observe it. Until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, consuming myself.”
14. “Never waste energy on worries or negative thoughts, all problems are brought into existence – drop them.”
15. “All knowledge leads to self-knowledge.”