50+ Kahlil Gibran Quotes to Nourish your Soul
Some words pass through us quickly and vanish into the air; others burrow into our very flesh and change the way we think, speak and feel.
For me, the quotes of Kahlil Gibran falls into the second category.
Lebanese born, educated in New York, Paris and Beirut, he was the third best-selling poet in history, and his words sparked a literary revolution. Best known in the West for his book, The Prophet, Gibran lived from 1883 to 1931, but his legacy survived much longer, messages of universal love, freedom, and tolerance taking root in the countercultural soil of the American sixties.
I set out to offer you ten of my favorite passages from his writing, but as you will see, it is simply too brilliant to stop so soon.
Each of these quotes by Kahlil Gibran has at some point touched me deeply. I have no words to express the profound impact of this poetry, and I hope it will leave you speechless as well:
“One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.”
Related: If you’re on a spree of your daily dosage of wisdom through quotes of the wise such as Kahlil Gibran, we suggest that you take a look at Eye-Opening Insightful Osho Quotes That Will Grow Your Wisdom.
Here are 50+ Kahlil Gibran Quotes to Nourish your Soul :
1.“One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are in my life.”
2. “The timeless in you is aware of life’s timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.”
3. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair”
4. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.”
5. “For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.”
6. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.”
7. “I AM IGNORANT of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.”
8. “Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.”
9. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.”
10. “Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
But you are eternity and you are the mirror.”
11. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.