I am happy to say the negative stereotypes about online dating have been defeated. People are not only filling out their profiles in the privacy of their own homes, but they are also trying to find a match via their mobile phones while sitting in traffic or grocery shopping.
All sorts of people from all the corners of the world are getting into online dating. The market is full of propositions for dating younger women dating older men, for women seeking rich men, dating for wine lovers and pet lovers – all possible variations here.
But, how much do you actually know about online dating? If the answer is not that much, then check out these facts about online dating.
Interesting and fun facts about dating world that might make you laugh, smile, freak out and share!
1. Most couples are willing to enter an exclusive relationship after six to eight dates.
2. The most common time for breakups is around three to five months.
3. It takes between 12-14 dates before couples will trade house keys.
4. Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t.
5. Men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more emails than those with $50,000.
6. On free dating sites, at least 10% of new accounts are from scammers.
7. Ninety-two percent of single parents would rather date other single parents.
8. 33% of online daters form a relationship.
9. In a survey of 5,000 singles, 43% said fresh breath mattered the most, 17% said stylish clothes, 15% said sexy fragrance, 14% said good skin, and 10% said great hair.
10. It is suggested you wait until the third date to cook someone dinner at home.
11. Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.
12. Women will base 55% of their initial impressions of a man on his appearance and body language.
13. Dating specialists suggest that if a woman doesn’t return a call after two messages, she’s not interested.
14. If a woman offers to pay for everything, chances are she isn’t into the date.
15. Research shows that men know they’re falling in love after just three dates, but women don’t fall in love until date 14.
16. Twenty to forty million Americans have used online dating services.
17. Nearly 50% of online daters are aged 18-34
18. Over 50% of all singles in America have not had a date in more than two years.
19. 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via email.
20. Italian food is one of the most popular restaurants for a first date.
21. On average, daters will kiss on a second date.
22. On average, couples have sex within about four to six dates.
23. The third week in September is National Singles Week in the U.S