“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known”… so, discover more about the wonders of the universe with these deep Carl Sagan quotes about life.
He was born on November 9, 1934, in Brooklyn, New York. He was five years old when his mother sent him to the library to look for books about stars and planets, which sparked his interest in astronomy. He didn’t look back after that and continued on his path to popularizing science.
We dwell in Carl Sagan’s universe, an incredibly large and profoundly humbled world that constantly serves as a reminder that we are a tiny element in the universe. Let’s learn about him and his quotes that teach us more about life than just Science.
20+ Famous Carl Sagan Quotes About The Universe
Sagan was the first person to fully explain space, stars, and the wonders of the cosmos. Even though he has been gone for almost two decades, his words of wisdom continue to be remembered. Discover for yourself by examining these famous Carl Sagan quotes.
Deep Carl Sagan Quotes About The Future And Universe
1. “When you make the finding yourself – even if you’re the last person on Earth to see the light – you’ll never forget it.”
2. “We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
3. “Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.”
4. “The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.”
5. “The universe is a pretty big place. If it’s just us, it seems like an awful waste of space.”
6. “Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.”
7. “Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.”
Best Carl Sagan Quotes About Life
9. “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it, we go nowhere.”
10. “We are like butterflies that flutter for a day and think it is forever.”
11. “I don’t want to believe… I want to know.”
12. “The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.”
13. “Even these stars, which seem so numerous, are as sand, as dust – or less than dust – in the” enormity of the space in which there is nothing.”
14. “It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”
15. “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”
16. “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere.”
17. “If you look at Earth from space you see a dot, that’s here. That’s home. That’s us. It underscores the responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.”
18. “We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers”
Famous Carl Sagan Quotes About Love
19. Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.
20. “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.”
21. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known”
22. “The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.”
23. “You’re an interesting species. An interesting mix. You’re capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you’re not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we’ve found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.”
We hope that these inspirational Carl Sagan quotes on love, life, and Science teaches you about the true meaning of life. Which one is your favorite?