From promoting women’s empowerment to talking about gender equality, here are some powerful and inspiring Emma Watson quotes to invoke positivity within yourself.
A strong woman in every sense of the word, Emma Watson rose to fame with her iconic portrayal of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. Since then, she has starred in numerous hit films like Beauty and the Beast and Little Women, captivating audiences with her raw talent and undeniable charisma.
But Emma Watson is more than just an actress. Her work as a UN Women Goodwill ambassador and her involvement in the HeForShe campaign demonstrate her commitment to making the world a better place. Her powerful speeches and quotes serve as an inspiration to all those who aspire to create change and make a difference.
As an English actress, model, and activist Emma Watson has been a vocal advocate for feminism and equality for years. Emma Watson’s quotes have become synonymous with empowering messages of self-love, gender equality, and positive change.
Here are some best Emma Watson Quotes to bring positivity into your life.
Related: From The Legend Of Basketball — 35+ Inspirational Michael Jordan Quotes
40+ Inspirational Emma Watson Quotes And Sayings
Are you a believer in “gender equality”? Then have a look at these powerful quotes by – Emma Watson, a vocal activist of feminism.
Strong Woman Emma Watson Quotes On Empowerment
1. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.”
2. “The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.”
3. “If not me, who? If not now, when?”
4. “Don’t expect change to happen overnight, even if it’s not always visible it’s making more impact than you think.”
5. “Becoming yourself is really hard and confusing, and it’s a process. I was completely the eager beaver in school, I was the girl in the front of the class who was the first person to put her hand up, and it’s often not cool to be the person that puts themself out there, and I’ve often gotten teased mercilessly, but I found that ultimately if you truly pour your heart into what you believe in—even if it makes you vulnerable—amazing things can and will happen.”
6. “I don’t have perfect teeth. I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.”
7. “What gets scary is when your self-worth is tied up in what strangers think of you.”
8. “You can only really look beautiful if you feel beautiful on the inside. It shows through your face, the way you move and the way you hold yourself.”
9. “I’m a multidimensional person and that’s the freedom of fashion: that you’re able to reinvent yourself through how you dress and how you cut your hair or whatever.”
10. “I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I really am. I’m going to figure out what that is.”
11. “If we stop defining each other by what we are not and start defining ourselves by what we are, we can all be freer.”
12. “Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love.”
13. “Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior.”
14. “All I can do is follow my instincts because I’ll never please everyone.”
Related: 30+ Best Quotes by Elvis Presley — “The King of Rock and Roll”
15. “I think that it is very important if you know what you want, understand where you are heading towards, and try your best to get it. It is only when we use our hearts to do it, and fall in love with what we are doing, then can we really get real determination.”
16. “I’m willing to be seen. I’m willing to speak up. I’m willing to keep going. I’m willing to listen to what others have to say. I’m willing to go to bed each night at peace with myself. I’m willing to be my biggest bestest most powerful self.”
17. “I’ve earned my own money; I’ve traveled the world. What would I rebel against?”
18. “There’s nothing wrong with being afraid. It’s not the absence of fear; it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.”
Powerful Emma Watson Quotes On Gender Equality
19. “Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong.”
20. “If I asked a young boy what superhero they looked up to, I feel a lot fewer would say a female one or would ever use an example of a female one, than in reverse, which is a shame.”
21. “We need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men.”
22. “This isn’t just, ‘girls are better than boys, boys are better than girls.’ This is just, ‘everyone deserves a fair chance.’”
23. “It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals.”
24. “Men: I would like to take this opportunity to extend your formal invitation. Gender equality is your issue, too.”
Related: 30+ Best Serena Williams Quotes For Inspiration And Success
Motivational Emma Watson Quotes On Feminism
25. “I am from Britain and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country.
I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. But sadly I can say that there is no one country in the world where all women can expect to receive these rights, no country in the world can yet say they have achieved gender equality.”
26. “Feminism’s not about us convincing you that gender equality is worth engaging in only because there might be something in it for you, or in it for your sister or your mother. The question is, what’s in it for humans?”
27. “We are not supposed to talk about money, because people will think you’re ‘difficult’ or a ‘diva’. But there’s a willingness now to be like, ‘Fine. Call me a ‘diva,’ call me a feminazi,’ call me ‘difficult,’ call me a ‘First World feminist,’ call me whatever you want;
it’s not going to stop me from trying to do the right thing and make sure that the right thing happens.’ Because it doesn’t just affect me, it affects all the other women who are in this with me, and it affects all the other men who are in this with me, too.”
28. “Here’s what I think. Feminism is not here to dictate to you. It’s not prescriptive, it’s not dogmatic. All we are here to do is give you a choice.”
29. “Feminism can be humorous, and we all have a different way of approaching that. I often wonder what mischief I can make to spread the word in a playful way. You can’t take everything in life seriously, can you?”
30. “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality,” she said. “I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it.”
31. “If you stand for equality, then you’re a feminist. Sorry to tell you.”
32. “I’ve always said, stuff the engagement ring! Just build me a really big library.”
33. “ I’m excited about the aging process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling.”
34. “For the record, feminism, by definition, is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.”
35. “I feel like young girls are told that they have to be a princess and fragile. It’s bullsh*t. I identify much more with being a warrior — a fighter. If I was going to be a princess, I’d be a warrior princess. Definitely.”
36. “When, at 15, my girlfriends started dropping out of their sports teams because they didn’t want to appear ‘muscly.’ When, at 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings. I decided that I was a feminist.”
37. “But my recent research has shown me that feminism has become an unpopular word. Women are choosing not to identify as feminists.”
Related: 7 Inspirational Quotes By Michelle Obama That Will Motivate You
Best Emma Watson Women’s Rights Quotes
38. “Women and girls have always faced hurdles. But that’s never stopped us. We’ve sacrificed, fought, campaigned, succeeded, been knocked back, and succeeded again. In a race for justice, we’ve leaped over countless obstacles to win our rights.”
39. “I want to be a Renaissance Woman. I want to paint, and I want to write, and I want to act, and I just want to do everything.”
40. “The saddest thing a girl can do is dumb herself down for a guy.”
41. “If you want to run for Prime Minister, you can. If you don’t, that’s wonderful, too. Shave your armpits, don’t shave them, wear flats one day, heels the next. These things are so irrelevant and surface to what it is all really about, and I wish people wouldn’t get caught up in that. We want to empower women to do exactly what they want, to be true to themselves, to have the opportunities to develop.”
42. “I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.”
Hope these Emma Watson quotes turn out to be a great inspiration for you to love and embrace yourself. Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!
Leave a Reply