From influencing women around the world to revolutionizing tennis, here are some powerful Serena Williams quotes and sayings that will inspire you on a path to success!
Being a record-breaking sports icon and No. 1 singles tennis player, Serena has dominated Women’s Tennis for over two decades. She has won numerous Grand Slam singles and countless other championships, including four Olympic Gold medals
But her success is not limited to the court. She has showcased her star power in various movies and music videos and even in the world of fashion.
But Serena’s journey to the top was not an easy one, and she had to fight for her title and overcome every obstacle that came her way. So here are motivational Serena Williams quotes and sayings for little girls and women, all over the world, to achieve their dreams.
30+ Inspirational Serena Williams Quotes And Sayings
Williams knows a thing or two about success and winning in life. So, we’ve compiled a list of powerful quotes by Serena Williams. We hope that her words guide and inspire you!
1. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.”
2. “It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from, if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.”
3. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.”
4. “I’ve had to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile, things will work out.”
5. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.”
6. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how He teaches us.”
7. “If I don’t get it right, I don’t stop until I do.”
8. “Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it?”
9. “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins, but by how they can recover when they fall.”
10. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.”
11. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.”
12. “Am I the greatest? I don’t know. I’m the greatest that I can be.”
13. “Being strong is never easy. Not in this world, we are living in… Standing up for yourself is not going to be easy, but it’s always eventually respected. Those are the people who’ve made a difference in this world, people that stand up for what’s right. If you look at history, those are the people that you really remember.”
14. “I don’t have regrets. I don’t live in the past. I live in the present and learn not to make the same mistakes in the future.”
15. “I’ll always think about what I could have done better. Could I have come up on the net? Been more consistent? It’s not anger. It’s analyzing: What can I do next time?”
16. “Luck has nothing to do with it because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”
17. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.”
Famous Serena Williams Quotes And Sayings
Learn to rise up and begin chasing your dreams with these motivational Serena Williams quotes and sayings that not only inspire you to win but will allow you to achieve all the success you want in your life.
18. “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.”
19. “When you lose, you get up, make it better, you try again.”
20. “Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had.”
21. “You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out.”
22. “The art of failure for me, is not limited to athletes or entrepreneurs or even seasoned executives, it’s open to everyone in life, and part of the journey for me is taking the fall and dusting yourself off.”
23. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.”
24. “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.”
25. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
26. “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.”
27. “I don’t know if I’ve had my share of drama, but I’ve definitely had my share of hard times.”
28. “I’m not used to crying. It’s a little difficult. All my life I’ve had to fight. It’s just another fight I’m going to have to learn how to win, that’s all. I’m just going to have to keep smiling.”
29. “I definitely have found a balance. I’ve had so many offers in the past to do different movies or different things and I always choose tournaments over it.”
30. “I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there are so many things I can improve on.”
31. “I was just tired of losing… Life was passing me by.”
32. “There’s always another record, then there’s always another person to catch up with or to pass.”
33. “Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.”
If you are looking for powerful quotes by Serena Williams and some important words about her life, here’s a video:
She’s not just an icon for tennis but has empowered so many women out there. So, among these best Serena Williams quotes and sayings, which one is your favorite?