Speaking from my own experience, I have heard so many stories of emotional and domestic abuse. Irrespective of how “educated” people seem to be, they pose a threat to their partner once they enter a relationship.
One of my very close friends, who continuously voiced her opinions regarding women rights, ended up being domestically abused. How do such people end up in the exact same spot they didn’t want anybody else into end up in? Over the course of a year, she became so dependent on this man for her existence that she simply couldn’t walk out. Psychological manipulation by an abusive partner is so strong that the victim doesn’t even realize it! It took an incident of violence to release her from the clutches of her partner.
Please be extremely careful about the kind of person you fall in love with. If you notice even the slightest signs, do not doubt yourself! Walk out before emotional abuse or physical abuse leaves a permanent scar on your body and mind!
Related Video: 12 Red Flags You Are Being Psychologically Manipulated
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You may also like
- Recovery From Abusive Relationships. How Long Does It Take?
- 11 Signs It’s An Emotionally Abusive Relationship And You Might Not Even Realize
- 10 Things That Happen Only In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship
- We Often Stay In Abusive Relationships Because of Trauma Bonding
- How it Feels Like to Live With Trauma Post An Abusive Relationship