If you are someone who is going through a divorce or is divorced, then these divorce quotes by some of the most loved people in this world might resonate with you.
Divorce is always a tough situation to deal with, and there is no easy way around it. People underestimate the mental toll divorce can take on you, and it is not that simple to just move on from it. But, so is staying in a marriage that is not working out. Sometimes, the hardest things are the best things you can do for yourself. Here is a compilation of 50 divorce quotes that will help you get through those dark days when you will need some support and inspiration.
50 Inspiring Divorce Quotes That Will Help You Feel Better
- “You never really know a man until you have divorced him.” —Zsa Zsa Gabor
2. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
3. Divorce isn’t the child’s fault. Don’t say anything unkind about your ex to the child, because you’re really just hurting the child.” — Valerie Bertinelli
4. “When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they ‘don’t understand’ one another, but a sign that they have, at least, begun to.” — Helen Rowland
5. “There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” — C. Joybell C.
6. “Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce.” – Jennifer Weiner
7. “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.” — Rupi Kaur
8. “I wanted to turn my divorce into a positive. What if I didn’t blame the other person for anything, and held myself 100 percent accountable? What if I checked my owns— at the door and put my children first? And reminded myself about the things about my ex-husband that I love, and fostered the friendship?” — Gwyneth Paltrow
9. “Ultimately, we all have to decide for ourselves what constitutes failure, but the world is quite eager to give you a set of criteria if you let it.” – J.K. Rowling
10. “There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate and negativity in my life. There’s no room for it.” – Reese Witherspoon
11. “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.” — Coco Chanel
13. “Success is its own reward, but failure is a great teacher too, and not to be feared.” — Sonia Sotomayor
14. “It always gets worse before it can get better. But it will get better. Like everything else, and like our past struggles, at some point, we win, but before that win, there’s always that loss that spurs us on.” — Dolores Huerta
15. “I was a high-functioning depressive, seemingly pulled together and buttoned-down. But inside deep, I was numb and mute. Now on the other side of divorce, I know that was me fragmented and doing my best to cope. But my body knew.”
— Liza Caldwell