The name Dalai Lama means Ocean of Wisdom.
Dalai Lama quotes are just a proоf of his wisdom, and are spread throughout the world by those who want to live a positive and fulfilled life.
We compiled a list of 21 Dalai Lama quotes that will inspire you and will enrich your life.
1. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
2. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
3. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
4. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
5. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
6. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
7. We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
8. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
9. Love is the absence of judgment.
10. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
11. There is a saying in Tibetan, “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.
12. No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.
13. Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
14. Silence sometimes is the best answer.
15. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.
16. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
17. When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.
18. When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, ‘Oh yes – I already have everything that I really need.’
19. Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
20. Look at situations from all angles, and you will become more open.
21. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal