Breaking Bad is definitely one of the greatest TV shows of all time, if not the greatest. The gripping story-line, the distinct characters, the erratic plot twists, sneaky symbolic motifs and the unforgettable quotes are a few of the many things that make this neo-Western crime drama so riveting.
Walter White, a 50 year old apprehensive chemistry teacher, finds out that he has terminal lung cancer and decides to ‘break bad’ by cooking and selling crystal meth with the help of a former student and drug dealer, Jesse Pinkman. With every episode, they both go deeper into the dark world of the drug trade industry, dealing with their competition and the cartel, helplessly trying to maintain their relationships with their loved ones and all the while trying to be one step ahead of the DEA.
It’s just one of those TV series that you can watch over and over again and still be in awe at how well-knit every scene is and how everything that happens to the characters has a consequential impact on who they finally turn out to become. The way Vince Gilligan, the producer of this masterpiece, along with an elite cast – bring to life the astoundingly relatable yet queer characters is nothing less than extraordinary.
This indelible series takes us on a roller coaster of events that gradually transforms the protagonist, Walter White, into the antagonist, Heisenberg – his alter-ego. Throughout the entire show, we progressively witness a very meek and modest father turn into a merciless drug lord. The whole life-changing process of Mr.White has blessed us with some of the most unforgettable quotes from Breaking Bad that have ever been heard on TV.
Related: In Breaking Bad, we see many scenes of Walter going through stages of intense mental stress; causing his health to deteriorate slowly. We all have stress to overcome daily, so here are 6 Things You Can Do To Reduce Mental Stress
Here are 14 of the most unforgettable quotes from the Breaking Bad series:
1. “I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And, I was really … I was alive.” – Walter White
You can sense the passion Mr. White had for what he did, despite it being disruptive.
2. “We’re done when I say we’re done” – Walter White
Yeah Mr. White, show them who’s boss.
3. “What good is being an outlaw when you have responsibilities?” – Jesse Pinkman “Darth Vader had responsibilities” – Brandon Mayhew
Brandon Mayhew’s way of putting things into perspective for Jesse is quite accurate in this one.
4. “You know when they say,‘I’ts been a pleasure?’ It hasn’t” – Mike Ehrmantraut
Good ol’ Mike, as honest as they get.
5. “You are a wealthy man now. One must learn to be rich. To be poor, anyone can manage” – Gustavo Fring
A true gentleman who refuses to settle for mediocrity.
6. “They will always be your priority, your responsibility. And a man, a man provides.” – Gustavo Fring
Gus with that hard to swallow pill for all men.
7. “I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen, 50-years I spent like that. Finding myself awake at three in the morning. But you know what? Ever since my diagnosis, I sleep just fine. What I came to realize is that fear, that’s the worst of it. That’s the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that bastard as hard you can right in the teeth.” – Walter White
Never let fears interfere when it comes to living life.
8. “Stay out of my territory” – Walter White
Mr.White made sure he marked his territory and that they marked his words.