Practice being vulnerable in small segments. Share one secret and let this naturally build into more and deeper things. Show up for people and listen when they share something with you. And above all, understand that healing takes time.
You are not your toxic family, and you will move on and find loving, nurturing relationships despite what happened to you.
Related Video: Why It’s Okay To Cut Toxic Family Members Out of Your Life
You may also like:
- 13 Signs You’re Suffering From Toxic Family Enmeshment
- 8 Ways To Gracefully Survive A Toxic Family During The Holidays
- Dealing with Toxic Family Members: Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Ways to Break Free From Toxic Family Members
- 8 Tips to Heal from Your Own Toxicity