18. Your parents always tried to sign up to chaperone school functions and field trips.
19. Manners were everything. You got the “I don’t want people to think you were raised by wolves” speech almost as often as the “is your napkin not on your lap at the dinner table? Do you do this at other people’s houses? I can’t let you out in public if you don’t put your napkin on your lap” lecture.
20. You’ve spent years dreaming of rebellion in the form of making spontaneous plans or wearing flip flops to the airport.
21. Your impulse reaction to hearing your friends say they had sleepovers with their significant others is an open-mouthed shock.
22. You’re careful telling jokes to your parents because their response toes the line between laughing along to immediately going off on a 45-minute rant and probably sending you to your room afterward.
23. If you miss one phone call, your parents suddenly assume you’re smoking “that marijuana” with “that one friend of yours” they KNEW was going to be a bad influence.