Do you feel quite uncomfortable in parties or social gatherings? Is getting to know new people in a loud event not your idea of fun? There is nothing wrong with you. You are simply an introvert.
What is an Introvert?
People think that this is a shy person who doesn’t feel quite at ease in social gatherings. But there is more to the word than that. Introverts are more focused on their internal feelings than other external stimulants.
Introverts and Extroverts are viewed as extreme opposites where the latter are focused on finding pleasure in what they gain by interacting with others. But the truth is that most people are a combination of both.
Being an introvert doesn’t mean that you suffer from social anxiety or that you are unable to function within a group. It is not a negative trait. It just means that you can deeply connect with your inner self; know more about what you want and understand the reasons behind your actions.
They have some competitive advantage in the extraversion world. They are quieter and reserved which can make them more focused.
How to Know if you are an Introvert?
The real introvert meaning doesn’t necessarily correspond to a shy person who avoids people and prefers to stay alone. It is more of a person who finds power on reflecting on their own learning and experiences. Here are some signs that will help you determine if you are a real introvert:
- They usually feel emotionally drained and tired after spending time with a lot of people. This doesn’t mean that they hate people but they would rather spend more time with close friends and people they can trust other than the people they don’t know very well.
- The real introvert definitionmeans that you are able to enjoy your time alone. It is a chance to absorb what you’ve learned and to reflect on your own experiences. You can also find a lot of activities that you can enjoy by yourself.
- A typical introvert personality won’t have a lot of close friends. They sure do have a lot of acquaintances like everybody else, but they understand and value the true meaning of real friendship.
- People usually describe you as quiet and sometimes even mysterious. This is why dating an introvert is not easy.
- They are self-aware. They know all about their weakness and their strengths. They enjoy thinking about their favourite hobbies and what they like in life. This means that they can easily find their true calling.
The Introvert Advantage:
Being an introvert means that you know what you want and you will work to reach it. They will not waste their time as they know exactly what to say and when to say it. They usually have a rich imagination where they are able to dig into their deeper selves. They also enjoy spending time alone which gives them a chance to be creative. One of the main introvert characteristics is that they are more able to focus and concentrate. They will not get easily distracted.
The Best Jobs for Introverts:
Introvert people usually succeed at jobs that require a great deal of focus and concentration. The best careers for introverts are not always easy to pinpoint as a lot of people misinterpret the meaning of being one. The power of introverts lies within themselves and this is why they succeed when they focus on what they can accomplish alone.
Most introverts succeed in aviation. Being a pilot, an aerospace engineer or an aircraft mechanic means that you have to have your 100% concentration on the job. You shouldn’t be easily distracted which is one of the perks of being one. They are usually very good with Maths and accounting. They can work in data administration, banking and statistics. They are usually very good with their hands so they excel at plumbing and carpentry.
Introverts enjoy their own company more than anything else. This is why there are a lot of them helped influence and change our lives. Albert Einstein, the most famous physician, was an introvert. He believed that being quiet and alone away from external distractions stimulates creativity and thinking. Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft and one of the richest people on the planet thinks that being focused helped him achieve his status. He could have the time to concentrate on a tough problem and give it all of his attention and this is what helped him establish and grow his business.