Love is one of the most heavenly feelings that you can experience in your lifetime. Here are some love proverbs to add color to your experience.
Where would we be in life if it wasn’t for love? As cliche as it may sound, love makes the world go round. Love is the strongest emotion you can feel and the best part is, there isn’t only one kind of love. Love comes in many forms, shapes and sizes. Love from our creator, Mother Nature, family, friends, partner and the list goes on and on. Not only that, our ideas of love differ from one person to another. But we can all agree, despite our opinions on love, that it is a heartwarming and wonderful feeling.
Love is the solution to a major portion of our daily problems because of it’s capability to birth emotions such as hope, trust and many other positive emotions. Love finds it’s way through the deepest and darkest parts of our soul to rejuvenate us from deep within. Irrespective of nationality, culture and language, everyone on this earth longs for love. What we do to gain the love we long for may differ, but there’s no doubt that we need love.
We’ve got a whole lot of love for all our readers as well! To show our love for you, we’ve collected some of the most touching and heartwarming proverbs from nations across the world. No matter where you are on this journey we call life, never give up on love because love will never give up on you. We love you.
Related: Along the line of these heartwarming love proverbs, one must understand how to cultivate a love for oneself. Here are 7 Ways to Cultivate Love in Your Life and Become Happier.
1. “Where there is love there is no darkness.” —Burundian proverb
2. “There is no cure for love other than marriage.” —Irish proverb
3. “Nothing is impossible for a willing heart.” —French proverb
4. “He who loves you will make you weep.” —Argentinean proverb
5. “Love itself is calm; turbulence arrives from individuals.” —Chinese proverb
6. “Coffee and love taste best when hot.” —Ethiopian proverb
7. “Love sickness hurts but does not kill.” —Mexican proverb
8. “You can’t tell the cost of food and fuel without being the head of a household; you can’t appreciate the love of your parents without having children of your own.” —Chinese proverb
9. “One thread for the needle, one love for the heart.” —Sudanese proverb
10. “In love, beggar and king are equal.” —Indian proverb
11. “He who treads the path of love walks a thousand meters as if it were only one.” —Japanese proverb
12. “Love has to be shown by deeds, not words.” —Swahili proverb
13. “A day lasts until it’s chased away but love lasts until the grave.” —Irish proverb
14. “Love is a despot who spares no one.” —Namibian proverb
15. “Love understands all languages.” —Romanian proverb
16. “All men have three ears, one on the left of his head, one on the right, and one in his heart.” —Armenian proverb
17. “It is love that makes the impossible possible.” —Indian proverb
18. “Lovers’ hearts are linked together and always beat as one.” —Chinese proverb
19. “Love makes a man both blind and deaf.” —Arabian proverb
20. “Love is blind so you have to feel your way.” —Brazilian proverb
21. “Love lives in cottages as well as in court.” —English proverb
22. “Try to reason about love and you will lose your reason.” —French proverb
23. “There is no love like the first love.” —Italian proverb
24. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” —Lithuanian proverb
25. “The heart that loves is always young.” —Greek proverb