The Batman of Gotham city is unquestionably one of the most popular and awesome superheroes (that too without any super powers) to have ever been created. Whether you like Michael Keaton’s original portrayal of the hero or Zack Snyder’s Batfleck or Robert Pattinson’s new version of the caped crusader, Christian Bale’s The Dark Knight trilogy will always be remembered for its characters, storyline, and mostly the gripping lines that always hit us to do something extraordinary.
The man behind the mask, Bruce Wayne, although he’s known as a superhero, Batman doesn’t have any actual superpowers. Instead, he depends on his physical and mental prowess and his passion for justice.
Batman certainly has mastered all the aspects of being a true hero; one that the city doesn’t need but deserves. The Dark Knight himself isn’t a man of many words; but when he does speak, it’s almost as if everything he says is quotable.
Here are 18 Best Batman Quotes That Will Unleash the Hero In You:
1. “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me” – Batman
Actions speak louder than words, and in this case even louder than your core identity.
2. “Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up” – Alfred Pennyworth
Alfred is not just any butler, he is the butler of the Wayne family. His words speak volumes about what it meant to be in his position, a moral anchor for Bruce Wayne.
3. “I wear a mask. And that mask, it’s not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.” – Batman
He doesn’t wear the mask to hide his identity, but rather to exhibit what he has become.
4. “Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, it will destroy you” – Ra’s Al Ghul
Powerful and insightful advice from Batman’s former mentor turned villain.
5. “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain” – Harvey Dent
Not a surprise hearing this from a villain named Two-Face. But it goes to show that change is inevitable.
6. “You’re not the devil. You’re practice’ – Batman
Batman was sure that he hadn’t met his greatest villain yet, and chose to go against all those with false self-proclamations as mere training sessions.
7. ‘The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules’ – The Joker
Heroic in his own sense, The Joker was certain that rules had to be broken to break limits.
8. ‘Sometimes it’s only madness that makes us what we are’ – Batman
To the eyes of the ordinary, greatness is utter madness.
9. ‘Everything’s impossible until somebody does it’ – Batman
And to those very ordinary ones, everything is impossible – until it isn’t when done by the extraordinary.
10. ‘Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall’ – Batman
It is inevitable that we will fall, but it is a matter of strong will and a moment of glory when we get back up.
11. ‘If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the room remains the same’ – Batman
Batman was adamant in his moral of not killing anyone – giving them the opportunity to turn their life around.
12. ‘I have one power, I never give up’ – Batman
Batman is one of the very few superheroes with no technical superpowers but he possesses the mindset of the greatest of his kind.
13. ‘Sometimes the truth is not good enough, sometimes people need more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded’ – Batman
There’s always more to the truth and always more for those who believe.
14. ‘But as a symbol, as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting’ – Batman
There is a strong sense of immortality in Batman’s indestructible legacy.
15. ‘I’m whatever Gotham needs me to be’ – Batman
A man of the people willing to sacrifice his life for the safety and justice of others.
16. ‘A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple as reassuring putting a coat on a young boy’s shoulders’ – Batman
It doesn’t take great feats to be a hero. It starts out small – as small as lending a helping hand.
17. ‘All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine’ – Batman
Even the sky isn’t the limit for the one and only Caped Crusader.
18. ‘I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman’ – Batman
An Iconic line to top it all off. The Dark Knight knows for sure who he is and what he stands for. A true hero.