18 Best Batman Quotes That Will Unleash the Hero In You
The Dark Knight of the city of Gotham is unquestionably one of the most valorous and dauntless superheroes to have ever been created. Brought to life by the DC Universe, The Batman franchise is known to be one the greatest franchises in the entertainment industry with all the great comics, movies and paraphernalia.
The story of the mysterious Caped Crusader is widely renowned for the outstanding script, clear-cut characters, riveting plots and needless to say, the memorable quotable lines of dialogue.
The owner of Wayne Enterprise and the man behind the mask, Bruce Wayne, is driven to seek vengeance for his parents who were killed by criminals when he was only a child. Although he’s known as a superhero, Batman doesn’t have any actual superpowers. Instead, he depends on his physical and mental prowess, martial arts and his passion for justice to save the city of Gotham from the myriad criminals.
You can’t expect nothing less than sheer greatness from someone who fights for justice, especially in a city as dark and corrupted as Gotham. Batman certainly has mastered all the aspects of being a true hero; one that the city doesn’t need but deserves. Batman himself isn’t a man of many words; but when he does speak, it’s almost as if everything he says is quotable.
Related: It’s always too easy to love and idolize the protagonist in a story, but how about the antagonist – can you relate to him? Here are 25 Best Joker Quotes That Appeal to the Dark Side in All of Us.
Here are 18 Best Batman Quotes That Will Unleash the Hero In You:
1. “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me” – Batman
Actions speak louder than words, and in this case even louder than your core identity.
2. “Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up” – Alfred Pennyworth
Alfred is not just any butler, he is the butler of the Wayne family. His words speak volumes about what it meant to be in his position, a moral anchor for Bruce Wayne.
3. “I wear a mask. And that mask, it’s not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.” – Batman
He doesn’t wear the mask to hide his identity, but rather to exhibit what he has become.
4. “Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, it will destroy you” – Ra’s Al Ghul
Powerful and insightful advice from Batman’s former mentor turned villain.
5. “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain” – Harvey Dent
Not a surprise hearing this from a villain named Two-Face. But it goes to show that change is inevitable.
6. “You’re not the devil. You’re practice’ – Batman
Batman was sure that he hadn’t met his greatest villain yet, and chose to go against all those with false self-proclamations as mere training sessions.
7. ‘The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules’ – The Joker
Heroic in his own sense, The Joker was certain that rules had to be broken to break limits.
8. ‘Sometimes it’s only madness that makes us what we are’ – Batman
To the eyes of the ordinary, greatness is utter madness.
9. ‘Everything’s impossible until somebody does it’ – Batman
And to those very ordinary ones, everything is impossible – until it isn’t when done by the extraordinary.
10. ‘Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall’ – Batman
It is inevitable that we will fall, but it is a matter of strong will and a moment of glory when we get back up.
11. ‘If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the room remains the same’ – Batman
Batman was adamant in his moral of not killing anyone – giving them the opportunity to turn their life around.