Do you know how to recharge your spiritual energy using your hands?
Just like there’s always time for pain, there’s always time for healing.― Jennifer Brown
Human beings are gifted with the innate ability to heal. If you peep into your childhood days when your only wounds were those cuts on your arms and knees, you will realize how your concept of ‘wound’ has changed over time. Now, when you speak of ‘wounds’ and ‘pain’ you no longer mean the physical injury, you mean the ones life inflicted on you, through years of struggle and grinding.
Related: The Healing Power Of Your Hands
But one thing remains intact: Our bodies keep working to heal both our physical and psychological wounds.
Our bodies are such a mindblowing piece of art that keeps us functioning at all levels. Such an intelligent machine needs to be cared for, loved and nourished to keep it functioning to its optimal level.
Definitely, taking care of and protecting your physical body is important. Hence so much stress on good diet, exercise, having a sound sleep, staying fit and hydrated. But we cannot ignore our spirituality. Our minds, our souls also need to be healed to experience a fulfilling life.
Why is it necessary to cater to our spiritual side?
Our bodies and mind are essentially interconnected to each other. Therefore, no matter what efforts you give to taking care of your body, it will never lead to your overall well-being. Because you need to focus on your spiritual health as well, which in connection with your body will help you be radiant and have a supreme glow.
But sadly, we mostly remain ignorant and unaware of what is spiritually unhealthy to us. Always remember, your physical health alone cannot make you healthy. Your spiritual health is equally significant.
Our spiritual side is an important factor for guiding us through our life decisions. This acts as an internal compass trying to direct us to the discovery and development of the self. It is our inner voice in search of the need to connect to something greater than just ourselves.
You might be working hard, yet not satisfied with the result, you might be living life yet not content, you might be exercising, dieting and grooming yourself, yet not feel fresh enough, you must look for replenishing and restoring your spiritual health.
What are the signs that your spiritual health is deteriorating?
Look for the following signs of degraded spiritual health:
- Feeling overwhelmed with negative emotions like jealousy, envy, anger, frustration, etc.
- Lacking zeal in life even when you are working on a daily basis.
- Lacking a sense of purpose in life.
- Feeling the need to understand life, self, and others at a deeper and profound level.
- Stressed with workloads and burnouts.
- Feeling anxious and panic-stricken.
- Overthinking situations.
- Lowered overall energy.
One foolproof way to recharge your spiritual energy is by following the simple steps given below.
- Find yourself a calm and quiet place, where there is no noise or distractors of any type.
- Lie down or sit upright on a chair.
- Try to relax.
- Take 5 deep breathes. These deep breaths should be straightway from your belly, from deep within, not shallow and from the chest.
Now you are ready to start the actual procedure of recharging your spiritual energy.
- Holding your hands in a prayer position, bring both your hands’ fingertips and palms close to and make them touch each other.
- Hold this hand posture and bring them up so they touch the center of your forehead (third eye chakra).
- Slowly bring the hands to the center of your chest (heart chakra) without disturbing the posture.
Your forehead and chest area contain two powerful chakras (third eye and heart chakra) and this movement will help to activate them.
- Gently rub your hands together to generate some heat.
- Place this slightly warm left palm on your heart center and the other palm (right) on your belly button.
These two powerful chakras will be recharged by this exercise.
- Slowly close your eyes.
- Visualize white healing light being sent to your body through your hands.
- Imagine the light spreading through your body and going to the different spiritual centers and restoring and healing you.
- Now, visualize the white light traveling to the proximity of your body, to the very tip of your toes and to your head.
- You can now see the white light radiating out of your entire body and forming a protective bubble around you.