9. Your sense of smell is linked to your memory.
This is because the part of the brain that is responsible for smell is shared with the part of the brain that is responsible for your memory and emotions.
10. Your eyes can give away your true feelings.
Researchers demonstrated that your pupils dilate whenever you see someone you have feelings for. Well, shades to the rescue!
11. You can actually cure a toothache by rubbing ice between your thumb and index finger.
This blocks the neural pathway thereby not allowing the pain to pass to your face.
12. Coughing can reduce pain.
Coughing decreases the pain stimuli to your brain thereby making you feel less of it.
13. Humans blink their eyes 10 million times per year.
Every human being on an average blinks their eyes 20 times every minute. And that equates to 10 million times per year! Can you imagine?
14. Your tongue is comprised of 8000 taste buds.
An average human tongue has 8000 taste buds covering it, with each of it consisting of 100 cells that ultimately help you taste your food.
15. You tend to be taller in the morning.
When you wake up in the morning, you get about 1 cm taller. This is due to the fact that all throughout the day, the soft cartilage that are present between your bones tend to get compressed.
Which of these facts about the human body blew your mind? Let us know in the comments down below!