Human anatomy has always been amusing. There is no sufficient amount of science that can explain the intricate design of humans. At any given point of time, the human body is undergoing various chemical reactions and chemical mechanism in order to sustain life.
The way we feel and perceive a thing, the working mechanism is mysterious and magical. There are still many things that science has not been able to explain, but few secrets best remain uncovered.
There are few things you didn’t know your body can do, behold the capabilities of the human body.
1. Your left ear helps you hear better.
If you turn your left ear towards the person you will actually hear him more clearly. Super hearing, not exactly but yeah!
2. Do you feel your stomach tickling or weakening when adrenaline kicks in?
That’s because your body reacts to different stimuli in different ways when your nervous system kicks in your body devote the energy to your respiratory system and heart and also dilates your pupils there by the muscles in your stomach contract with greater force.
3. Your body can predict the weather.
When the temperature drops down you feel a pressure and pain in your joints. The drop in temperature can often cause chemical imbalance thereby giving you a migraine.
4. Heartburn can give a hard time and it is more common than you think.
It can be treated without medication though, sleeping on your left side actually helps resolve the heartburn issues. Sleeping on the left side allows gravity to keep the stomach away from the throat. Your body has its cure, you just need to do it right.
5. In extreme cold, we are prone to hypothermia.
Hypothermia is a condition where in our body releases more heat than the atmosphere thereby dropping our body temperature to a dangerous level. When hypothermia kicks in the blood vessels in our body contract to save energy, same with the blood vessel in eyes, this can make you go blind for awhile.
6. it’s not that only snakes shred skin, actually, all humans are subject to shredding.
The dead cells need to be replaced by newer ones, it’s important to apply lotions and let the shredding happen properly.
7. Our heart starts racing every time we are scared.
We can bring down our heart rate in such times by simply blowing our thumb. There are nerves responsible for heartbeat are controlled by breathing. You know what to do next time you’re scared.
8. You can get rid of nasal congestions without medication.
Press your thumb on the roof of your mouth or between your eyebrows, this will loosen your nasal passage and also allow movement of your nose.
9. Your sense of smell is linked to memory because the part of the brain that is responsible for smell is shared with the part of the brain that is responsible for memory and emotions.
10. Your eyes can give away your true feelings.
Researchers demonstrated that your pupils dilate whenever you set an eye on someone you have feelings for. Well, shades to the rescue!
11. You can actually cure a toothache by rubbing ice between your thumb and index finger.
This blocks the neural pathway thereby not allowing the pain to pass to your face.
12. Coughing can reduce pain.
Coughing decreases the pain stimuli to your brain thereby making you feel less of it.
Related Video – The Real Cause of Inner Emptiness and What To Do About It
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You May Also Like
- This Is What Negativity Does To Your Health?
- Mastering Mindfulness: 5 Powerful Exercises for Finding Peace of Heart and Mind
- Meet Your Second Brain: The Gut
- The Importance Of Social Connections For Your Health