Want to know your IQ and don’t have much time to answer a dozen of questions? Try the world’s shortest IQ test called the Cognitive Reflection Test (CRT). It has only 3 questions.
CRT was developed in 2005 by Shane Frederick from Princeton and was published in the Journal of Economic Perspectives.
- The test attempts to find out how you think: do you trust your gut feelings or do you take time to think rationally?
- CRT identifies how good you are in intuitive thinking and analytical thinking.
- However, getting all three answers correct is not the only parameter of having a higher IQ. Your speed of answering determines this too.
Before proceeding to the world’s shortest IQ test, just be careful. Don’t rush into answering the questions. Think clearly and use common sense.
Here are the 3 questions:
- The total price of a bat and a ball is $1.10. The price of the ball is $1 more than the bat. So, what is the price of the bat?
- 5 machines take 5 minutes to make 5 widgets. In order to have 100 widgets, how long will 100 machines take?
- There is a patch of lily pads in a lake. The patch doubles in size every day. If the lake gets covered in 48 days, then how many days should it take to cover half of the lake?
The correct answers are:
- 5 cents.
- 5 minutes.
- 47 days.
How to solve them?
- Let the cost of the ball be
Then, the cost of the bat is x+$1.
Therefore, total cost= Bat+ Ball = x+ (x+1)= 1.10.
So, the cost of the ball is 5 cents.
- 5 machines make 5 widgets in 5 minutes.
Therefore, 1 machine will make 1 widget in 5 minutes.
Thus, 100 machines will make 100 widgets in 5 minutes.
- The lily pad doubles in size every day. So, it will cover half of the pond in 47 days.
Usually, the most popular answers are:
- 10 cents.
- 100 minutes.
- 24 days.
How many of these did you get correct?
You may also like:
- What Is Your Love Language? Take This 6 Question Quiz To Find Out
- What Kind Of Unique Person Are You According To What You See? Quiz
- Only Highly Intelligent People Can Pass This Test – MIND GAME
- Are you Emotionally Intelligent? Here’s how to know
- What Is Your Spiritual Archetype? Take This Quiz To Find Out