18. It is believed that “666” is the number of the Devil. According to the Book of Revelation, three sixes in a row are said to be the number of the “beast” and a sign of the apocalypse. However, the author of the book was actually writing coded messages for persecuted Christians. The name “beast” and the number “666” are actually contemporary references. In Hebrew, the numeric equivalent of three sixes in a row referred to Nero, the first century Roman Emperor.
How superstitious are you?
“A little superstition is a good thing to keep in one’s bag of precautions.” – Gertrude Atherton
Which of these beliefs do you believe? How many of these superstitions do you practice? The truth is, we all do some small things that we believe will bring us good luck and avoid bad luck, whether we like to admit it or not.
If believing something makes you a little bit luckier and makes life a bit easier, then it couldn’t hurt. Could it? As long as our beliefs, even if they are irrational, give us the confidence to face challenges, helps to boost our performance and relieves our stress and anxiety, there’s nothing wrong with being a bit superstitious.
However, it is also important that you believe in yourself and your efforts more than supernatural forces which may or may not affect the outcome.
You May Also Like:
- Eye Twitches: Spiritual Meaning And Causes
- Birthmark Meanings based on their locations
- 16 Signs Your House Is Truly Haunted & What To Do About It
- 100 Scariest and Most Shocking Two Sentence Horror Stories
- What You Should Know About Shadow People