You know you are a hopeless romantic when the word ‘love’ is enough to cause butterflies in your stomach, and a flutter in your heart.
You’re the type of person who grew up on a steady diet of romantic comedies — you know every word to You’ve Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and 10 Things I Hate About You. You always knew Pacey and Joey would wind up together. You were torn up about the whole Brenda/Dylan/Kelly love triangle. You got mad at Ross when he and Rachel were on a “break.” Your heart cannot even begin to handle all that’s wrapped up in Grey’s Anatomy.
You believe in soulmates, and you still make wishes on shooting stars.
You, dear friend, are a hopeless romantic. You believe in love, and that’s hard to understand for some people, so they will try and burst your rosy bubble. They’ll laugh at you and scoff at you and think that you’re just naive.
Sometimes it can be hard to tune out such negative voices, so here are some reminders for when the haters try and take you down.
19 Little Reminders For The Hopeless Romantic In You
1. Being a hopeless romantic is a beautiful thing — there’s nothing hopeless about it.
2. It means you believe in love.
3. It means you love to love.
4. It means that your heart is bold, big, and beautiful — and believe me when I say the world needs more hearts like yours.
5. At one point, you’ll fall in love with a person who is wrong for you. Don’t panic; it happens.
6. Just because you fell in love with someone wrong for you doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with them or with you. Sometimes it’s just not a good fit.
7. There is someone who’s right for you.
8. Your perfect version of love might not seem like a Tom Hanks movie. Or a Meg Ryan movie. Or a Tyler Perry movie. Or any of your favorite romantic comedies. This doesn’t mean that your love is any less romantic — different strokes for different folks.
9. Your perfect version of love might look like a Tom Hanks movie. Or a Meg Ryan movie. Or a Tyler Perry movie. And, if that’s the case, that’s amazing. And I might suggest getting in touch with Mr. Hanks, Ms. Ryan, or Mr. Perry to get that movie deal started.
10. Love is messy, even when you’re a hopeless romantic.
11. Love can be awkward, even when you’re a hopeless romantic.
12. Love is a balance between giving and taking, even when you’re a hopeless romantic.
13. Love takes work, even when you’re a hopeless romantic. Even when it’s the perfect love for you. But it’s work that you don’t mind doing. It’s the kind of work that doesn’t always feel like work.
14. Love requires patience, even when you’re a hopeless romantic.
15. Love requires listening, even when you’re a hopeless romantic.
16. Love is always something to be celebrated.
17. Celebrate your love always.
18. If others roll their eyes at your romanticism, at your big and open heart, let them. You keep on loving. They’ll realize your romanticism is something to admire.
19. Love is beautiful and something to be treasured.
Even though people might sometimes make fun of romantic people, hopeless romantics more so, always know that there isn’t anything to be ashamed of. You are someone who believes in love with all their heart and soul, and why shouldn’t you? Love truly makes the world go round. Never stop believing in love, and never stop believing in the beauty of love. Being a hopeless romantic is your own, sweet superpower.