Real Self Care
- Fueling your body with food that gives you energy and helps you improve mentally and physically.
- Drinking water
- Being kind to yourself
- Setting boundaries
- Spending time with people that enrich your life
- Treating yourself to something new because you love yourself.
- Moving your body because you can.
Fake Self Care
- Alcohol or drugs
- Talking shit to yourself to “motivate” you
- Saying yes to everyone because you’re a “nice person.”
- Socializing because of FOMO
- Buying anything that promises to make you love yourself more.
- Working out as punishment or attending a class that shames your eating habits/appearance.