Excuses To Leave a Party Early While Keeping Your Dignity
Excuses to leave a party early while keeping your dignity:
1. I have a headache, I should probably go home.
2. I have a stomach ache, gotta head out. (Pretty much stuff that can’t be checked just by looking at you.)
3. I just realized I have something early in the morning/ that I have to get to today.
4. (probably for females, sorry males) Period cramps.
5. It’s my dog’s birthday.
6. I’ve gotta have dinner with my family.
7. Family emergency.
8. I have to go talk to (person) now (but you can just go home at this point, you can say you couldn’t find them if anyone asks later)
9. Don’t even go to the party in the first place, you can always pretend to have a pounding headache or that you suddenly got sick.
10. And my favorite one to do since you don’t even have to talk to anyone face to face: Quietly slip out of the party and text the host later that you enjoyed the party but suddenly had to go home due to one of the above excuses.
While I love to help others, I am not responsible for fixing your life or catering to your toxicity. I am not responsible for managing your triggers, walking on eggshells or telling you what you want to hear in order to keep the peace. I am not your emotional punching bag nor am I your emotional sponge. I do not exist for your pleasure or as a site for your projected pain. My responsibility is to myself - to be my own person and stay true to myself - to heal my own wounds, manage my own triggers, and engage in self-care so that I can give to others authentically without depleting myself in the process. My responsibility is to maintain healthy boundaries especially with those who are unhealthy.
I would rather be alone than lonely. I was in connections that left me feeling lonely. I didn't like how I felt, but at the time I thought it was better than being alone, I was wrong. Alone is better than lonely. In my solitude, I started taking care of me, loving on me. I took myself out on solo dates, and I got to know me outside of any relationship. I directed my attention to myself, the attention I was too busy giving them. And I realized that I wasn't doing right by myself. I deserved the world so I decided to give it to myself. I decided to be happy on my own so when the right one walked in, I would be happier.
Introvert Quotes, i’m an introvert quotes, being an introvert quotes, deep introvert quotes, best introvert quotes, quotes about introvert, alone quotes, being alone quotes,
Introverts don't just connect, they form soul bonds. And that's why they cannot vibe with everyone. They may look shy, selfish, mean, or totally uninterested. But trust me, all they're doing is protecting their energy.
– Master Nobody
Master Nobody Quotes, Introvert Quotes, i’m an introvert quotes, being an introvert quotes, deep introvert quotes, best introvert quotes, quotes about introvert, soul quotes, quotes about soul, deep soul quotes
Don't ever lie to an introvert. You can't. It's impossible. They're extremely observant. They notice everything. Seriously, everything. Change in tone, body language, your eyes, your energy, and your whole vibe. They'll catch you.Trust me on that. Don't even try.
- Master Nobody
Master Nobody Quotes, Introvert Quotes, i’m an introvert quotes, being an introvert quotes, deep introvert quotes, best introvert quotes, quotes about introvert