Too many people make an introvert uncomfortable and they have no time for people who don’t matter to them.
6. Time to recharge my batteries
Introverts are ‘people sensitive’, meaning, overexposure to loud noise and crowded places can have fatal effects on them(not literally)!
Every person needs unwinding at the end of the day, more so in the case of an introvert. They will draw themselves away from interactions and choose a solitary place where they can use silence to replenish themselves.
Let’s go hibernating.
7. “I am trying to compose myself.”
Whenever I am overwhelmed with strong negative emotions, I often go completely silent. That provides me the time to reflect on how I want to respond to the situation. This stops me from impulsively speaking or acting on a trigger.
The next time you have provoked an introvert’s negative emotions and he/she is breathlessly silent, know that they are trying not to end up in jail.
Silence is not always about approval or ignorance. It is also about an ‘existential right’, especially to an introvert. Like Will Rogers said, “ Never miss a good chance to shut up.”
You May Also Like:
- 6 Reasons Why Introverts Are Incredibly Attractive People
- Why I’m Being Quiet At The Moment – Inside An Introvert’s Mind
- An Introvert’s Guide To Being More Social In Your Work Environment
- 6 Reasons Why Introverts Absolutely Hate Talking On The Phone