New Year is always a fantastic time for reflection, to take stock of the year which you are leaving behind, and to look forward to the new one with fresh hope and expectation. This is the perfect season that celebrates new beginnings and happiness. Let’s raise a toast to these new year quotes to keep your hopes up for a fulfilling, happy, and productive new year ahead.
Every year we tend to declare that it’s going to be the year of new values and dedication. The same for love and empathy also. And every year we need to keep them at the front of our mind, rolling them over in our consciousness so that will our resolutions don’t disappear. Throughout the year, we ask ourselves what else these values may mean.
Before we ever realize it, the weeks turn into months, which turn into another year behind us – a year with which we may not feel completely satisfied and think about the resolutions we make. We make resolutions, we tell ourselves that we are going to do better than we did the year before.
However, the most important thing is to welcome the new year with positive thinking, and take lessons from your struggles but never let that come in the way of the joy and hope for the new year. Make the new year what it is actually, welcome happiness in your life with a positive mindset, and hope for the best.
Here are some of the best motivational New Year quotes of positivity to gear up for new beginnings.
60+ Inspiring New Year Quotes You’ll Need For A Fresh Start
1. In this new year, I hope you live louder. I hope you laugh more. I hope you sing at the top of your lungs. I hope you drive with the windows down and let the wind rustle through your hair. I hope you hug. I hope you kiss. I hope you surround yourself with people who make you feel alive.
I hope you become the type of person that brings good energy wherever you go, and the type of person people wants to be around. I hope you speak what’s on your mind, that you raise your voice for injustice, that you tell others that you love them, instead of waiting until it’s too late. I hope you live louder, shine brighter. This is your year. — Marisa Donnelly
2. Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings. — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
3. New year — a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours. — Alex Morritt
4. This is really my selfish year. This is really my, get my shit together year. This is really my self-care year. This is really my, know my worth year. This is really my level-up year. This is really my, if you aren’t adding you’re being subtracted year. — Unknown
5. What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year. —Vern McLella
6. Ring out the old, ring in the new. Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. — Alfred Lord Tennyson
7. The New Year is a painting not yet painted; a path not yet stepped on; a wing not yet taken off! Things haven’t happened as yet! Before the clock strikes twelve, remember that you are blessed with the ability to reshape your life! ― Mehmet Murat ildan
8. Your life right now is a result of what you did a year ago. Your life a year from now will be a result of what you do right now. Act Accordingly. — Steven Bartlett
9. This time, last year, Everything was so different. — Unknown
10. As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes the changes we don’t want are the changes we need to grow. And sometimes walking away is a step forward. —Unknown
11. What will the new year bring us? 365 opportunities. — Unknown
12. Let our New Year’s resolution be this: We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word. — Göran Persson
13. In the New Year, never forget to thank your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future! — Mehmet Murat Ildan
14. We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential. — Ellen Goodman
15. A Year Changes A Lot. — Unknown
16. Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of laughter, 365 days of fun, 8760 hours of joy, 525600 minutes of good luck, and 31536000 seconds of happiness. — Unknown
17. For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. What we call the beginning is often the end, and to make an end is to make a beginning. — T.S. Eliot
18. So New Year, I have too many hopes in you. I hope you lead me safely to the shore. I hope you can be nice to me, just nice and nothing more. I hope you vanquish this tornado of sores … All I ask for is some peace around. — Noha Alaa El-Din
19. Let the sky celebrate! Let it pour some rain to wash away the past years’ grief. Let the fireworks speak, announcing a new year to break, displaying seasons of different flavors. — Noha Alaa El-Din
20. A year ago, everything was different. And now that I look back, I realize that a year can do a lot to a person. — Unknown
21. There is nothing magical about the flip of the calendar, but it represents a clean break, a new hope, and a blank canvas. — Jason Soroski
22. What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year. — Vern McLellan
23. This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change. — Taylor Swift
24. The most important lesson I’ve learned over this past year is, don’t let anybody make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of its own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself. — Unknown
25. Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. — Benjamin Franklin
26. Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one. — Brad Paisley
27. With the dawn of the new year on the horizon, I resolved to exert my will on the world. — Holly Black
28. Your entire life can really change in a year…
You just gotta love yourself enough to know
you deserve more, be brave enough to
demand more, and be disciplined enough to
actually, work for more.
29. In whatever sense this year is a new year for you, may the moment find you eager and unafraid, ready to take it by the hand with joy and gratitude. ― Howard Thurman
30. Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities. ― Michael Josephson
31. Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. — Hal Borland
32. Every year teaches us two things:
• No one is permanent
• Life has to move on
33. Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the New Year. —John R. Dallas Jr.
34. The New Year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. — Melody Beattie
35. No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again. — Buddha
36. Every year of my life, I realize how little I knew the year before, about myself, the world, others. And it both fascinates and terrifies me, how ignorant I really am. Growing up seems to be a lifetime journey toward the death of our own ignorance. — Unknown
37. Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas. — Charles Kettering
38. What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet. ― Anne Frank
39. Waste time this year. Go for long, rambling walks. Write poems. Try a new recipe just because. Pray. Paint. Knit something. Read that big old book. Work on your novel. Our world is obsessed with productivity, but “unproductive” hours are the most soul-shaping parts of our lives. – Joy Marie Clarkson
40. In our perfect ways. In the ways we are beautiful. In the ways we are human. We are here. Happy New Year’s. Let’s make it ours. — Beyoncé
41. The priceless lesson in the New Year is that endings birth beginnings and beginnings birth endings. And in this elegantly choreographed dance of life, neither ever find an end in the other. ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
42. This year I lost, won, failed, cried, laughed, loved but I didn’t fold. — Unknown
43. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. — Paulo Coehlo
44. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
45. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” — William E. Vaughan
46. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
47. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” — Joseph Campbell
48. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
49. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
50. “This year, be structured enough for success and achievement and flexible enough for creativity and fun.” — Taylor Duvall
51. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.”― Anusha Atukorala
52. “A year of ending and beginning, a year of loss and finding…and all of you were with me through the storm. I drink your health, your wealth, your fortune for long years to come, and I hope for many more days in which we can gather like this.”― C.J. Cherryh
53. “The attraction of New Year is this: The year changes, and in that change we believe that we can change with it. It is far more difficult, however, to change yourself than turn the calendar to a new page.” ― R. Joseph Hoffmann
54. “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” — Hillary DePiano
55. “Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” — Neil Gaiman
56. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
57. “A worthy New Year’s resolution, perhaps, is to take no hatred into the New Year without requiring it to restate its purpose.” – Robert Brault
58. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
59. “A year from now, you’re gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.” – Phil McGraw
60. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
61. ” You can’t go back and make a new start, but you can start right now and make a brand new ending.” – James R. Sherman
62. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
63. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” — Oscar Wilde
64. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” — Steve Harvey
65. “Cheers to a gracious New Year. May we uphold the fullness of God’s grace, goodness, and goodwill.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Every new year gives us something, if not anything but profound lessons. Thus, embrace the new year with new hopes and energy, leaving behind the previous year’s agony but the good moments. And if you are looking for something inspirational to kickstart the year, you’ve landed in the perfect place. Welcome 2023, by sharing these thoughtful and positive new year quotes with your friends and family.
Which of these 2023 new year quotes was your favorite? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!