A Simple Mental Health Pain Scale
- There is absolutely nothing wrong.
- Normal fluctuations in mood and some sleeping trouble
- The emotional equivalent of a headache. May feel withdrawn
- Today is a bad day (or a few bad days). You may feel lonely at times.
- Nervousness, irritability, sadness You may face strong agitation
- Impulsive and compulsive thoughts may be hard to cope with. May feel anxiousness and unsettled.
- You’re avoiding things, social avoidance and decreased performance
- You are frustrated, annoyed, unable to fall or stay asleep The absolute feeling of despair haunts you.
- You’re at a critical point. You are angry, stomping and having a meltdown
- The worst mental and emotional distress possible. You can no longer care for yourself.