Whether you are in a relationship or not, your first priority should be to invest in yourself.
You should be able to create a life on your own that supports you and nurtures you.
If you just rely on your partner to support you and make you happy all the time, you will just scare off your partner by your neediness.
7) Don’t stalk their social media profiles
I know it can be tempting to stalk your partner’s social media profile to get to know them better.
But it is far better to get to know each other organically over a course of time as compared to checking out their Facebook posts of last five years and killing all curiosity.
8) Hold the sex
This advice may look contrary to current trends in the millennial generation where relationships start with casual intimacy.
While there is nothing wrong with this approach per say, but it does have the potential to unnecessarily complicate things.
When we get intimate too soon, we let the chemicals in our bodies cloud our judgment and we tend to make choices based on chemical rushes instead of sound reasoning and logic.
9) Enjoy the process and don’t get hung up on the destination
While marriage and happily ever afters are still relevant concepts but do not treat every single date as your potential life partner.
Approach the dating process as an opportunity to get to know each better and let the relationship unfold organically.
When you approach the dating process with certain agendas in mind, you tend to become controlling and manipulative and it kills the spontaneity and charm of the relationship.
Be natural, fun and spontaneous and enjoy the process without getting too hung up on the destination.
What is meant to stay will stay, what is meant to go, will go.
10) Follow your own Internal Guidance System
Ultimately the most important ally in your life is your own internal guidance system.
Go with the wisdom of your own intuitive heart and go with what feels right for you at the moment.
Take time to tune into your body, listen to your own gut instincts and follow what they tell you.
Your own internal guidance system will never lead you astray.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You may also like
- Friend To Boyfriend: 4 Key Tips To Get A Woman To Look At You In A Different Way
- 7 Ways To Make Him Fall in Love Over Text Message
- 5 Ways To Use The Law Of Attraction When Texting A Guy You Really Like
- 12 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Definitely Bring Back In Trend
- I’m Not Good At Dating, But I Know How To Love
- I Will Never Understand ‘Casual Dating’