Steps You Can Take.
If you feel trapped in a relationship or can’t get over your ex:
- Seek support and professional help. Attend CoDA meetings.
- Get information and challenge your denial.
- Report violence and take steps to protect yourself from violence and emotional abuse.
- When you miss the abuser or are longing for attention, in your mind substitute the parent whom you’re projecting on your partner. Write about and grieve that relationship.
- Be more loving to yourself. Meet your needs.
- Learn to set boundaries.
- Take steps to improve the relationship utilizing Dealing with a Narcissist…and Difficult People.
- Get Breakup Recovery and How to Raise Your Self-Esteem.
- Advertisement -
©Darlene Lancer 2019
Originally appeared on WhatIsCoDependency.com
You may also like:
- How Can I Stop Being in Love with Someone Who Abuses Me?
- When An Empath Loves A Narcissist, This Is How It Ends
- 4 Ways You Can Unintentionally Fall In Love With A Narcissist
- How to Leave A Narcissist or Abuser