Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, and the world has seen no bravery like that of a single mom.
There are countless stories of courage and strength, but nothing can compare to a story of a mother who’s taken on the role of both parents.
To praise and celebrate them, I’ve collected 30 inspiring single mom quotes that talk about fierce mothers who raise their kids alone.
Have a look!
Top 10 Most Inspiring Single Mom Quotes
1. “You always have to carry on. And you can, because you have to.” — Kate Winslet
2. “As a single mum you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” — Emma-Louise Smith
3. “Mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” — Cardinal Mermillod
4. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.” — Rajneesh
5. “It’s difficult, but far from impossible and we smile more than we cry.” — Regina King
6. “Just because I am a single mother doesn’t mean I cannot be a success.” — Yvonne Kaloki
7. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolver
8. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” — Mandy Hale
9. “It takes a tremendous amount of strength to be a single mother. To hold down the forte of a home, a life and your child’s entire happiness.” — Nikki Rowe
10. “Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” — Meg Lowrey
Uplifting Single Mother Quotes
1. “Heavy is the head, forced to wear two crowns.” — R. P. Falconer
2. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thought. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” — Sophia Loren
3. “Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women.” — Kenny Conley
4. “When a mother is struggling to do all the work of parenthood, it’s not her who’s a bad parent, it’s an absent father.” — Kirsten Hill
5. “The best gift a parent can give children is time … Single moms need to know it’s okay to have a little ‘me’ time.” — Denise Richards
6. “I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother.” — Mary Louise Parker
7. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” — Tichina Arnold
8. “Each child is biologically required to have a mother. Fatherhood is a well-regarded theory, but motherhood is a fact.” — PJ O’Rourke
9. “There’s a feeling sometimes in motherhood that you’re alone in what you’re going through, and none of us are alone. We’re all going through the same thing.” — Nia Vardalos
10.”Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” — Willa Cather
Single Mom Quotes To Strengthen You
1. “In the end, I am the only one who can give my children a happy mother who loves life.” — Jane Wolsey Baadsgaard
2. “There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, ears, and mind of your child, you are a SUPER MOM.” — Stephanie Precourt
3. “Single Moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a defender, a protector, a true Superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.” — Mandy Hale
4. “When you’re a single parent, you’re often lonely yet seldom alone. There is no backup… It is mothering without a net.” — Amy Dickinson
5. “You are doing what is best for you and your children. You can’t ever be faulted for that. Hang in there.” — Skoy Chicago
6. “You don’t take a class; you’re thrown into motherhood and learn from experience.” — Jennie Finch
7. “Nothing you do for children is ever wasted..” — Garrison Keillor
8. “Respect to all mums doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads.” — John Mark Green
9. “It’s not single parenthood in and of itself. It’s more about how people parent.” — Sophie Zadeh
10. “Being a mother is hard and it wasn’t a subject I ever studied.” — Ruby Wax
Final Words Of Encouragement
Being a mom isn’t easy, even when both parents are equally involved. So if you’re a single mom, know that in the eyes of your child and the whole world, you’re a superhero.
Mom, you are brave
You’re doing a great job
Mom, you’re someone’s everything.
Please don’t ever forget that.
I hope these single mom quotes I prepared have reminded you of your strength.
Leave a Reply