How to let go –
- Remember: It’s okay to outgrow people, places, and things. It’s okay for them to outgrow you too.
- Allow yourself to grieve the loss of what you’re letting go of. You can’t heal what you don’t let yourself feel.
- Ask yourself: Is what I’m holding on to also holding on to me? Answer honestly.
- Forgive yourself for your part in how things ended, just like you forgave them so many times.
- Ask yourself: Why am I still holding on? Does it truly feel good or is it just familiar?
- Remember: Relationships don’t need to last forever to serve their purpose.
- Sometimes, the only closure you’ll get is accepting that the past can’t change, and that’s okay.
- Remember: Letting go is also letting in. Making room for something new is always hard, but it’s worth it.
Leave a Reply