EINSTEIN’S RIDDLE – CAN YOU SOLVE IT?
There is a bit of mystery surrounding the following riddle. According to some, it was written by Einstein when he was young. Some people attribute the riddle to Louis Carol. Either way, it is estimated that only 2% of people on the planet can solve this riddle. Are you in that 2%?
There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: who owns the fish?
There is no trickery in this riddle, there is an actual answer. All it requires is logic and, in my case, a pen and a piece of paper.
Check out PoETheeds walk-through to the answer if you haven’t figured it out yet.