What to say: I care about you.
Lastly, we remind you to be compassionate, motivating and thoughtful. Do not criticize something you don’t understand. Depression is a biological illness, which affects an individual psychologically and socially. Although research hasn’t yet proven the reasons why some people are naturally inclined to acquiring depression, we do know it needs to be studied and taken seriously.
Although this is not a complete list of things you should never say, it is a list of the most hurtful things you should not say. Please comment below and share your thoughts.
You May Also Like:
- Diet & Depression: 6 Ways Food Impacts Your Mental Health
- How To Help Your Partner (And Yourself) Overcome Depression
- What Not To Say (And What You Should Say) To A Person With Depression
- 5 Things You Can Do To Overcome Depression And Anxiety Naturally
- Ways To Fight Depression: 4 Sure-Fire Things You Can Do Right Now