When your brain becomes tired of what you do, you get blocked on your way to success.
Deadlines, do more with less, if you won’t, someone else will, no sleep, mental numbness… Sounds familiar? You know where this list ends: failure, loss of motivation, and burnout… It’s normal to feel mentally and physically exhausted after you get a difficult job done, for example, pass an exam or advance a sale. However, if your mind doesn’t bounce back and mental fatigue becomes chronic, you lose a clear vision of life and ability to concentrate on important things.
People may complain in social media about being completely shuttered by the overwhelming hectic world, while some even start a social network to unite people with the same problems. People want to find the way how to go over this state. We are going to share some methods that help effectively restore mental activity and help you achieve more. But first, it’s important to understand the concept of mental fatigue.
What is mental fatigue?
Mental fatigue is a natural reaction of a human mind to being overloaded with difficult mental tasks for an extended period of time. This can occur when you are studying for an important exam or trying to tackle a tedious task at work without slowing down or without paying attention to what your inner self or your body tries to tell you. Confusion, memory loss, difficulty to focus and understand, a big change in sleeping and eating habits are the symptoms of mental fatigue to beware.
At an early stage, mental fatigue can remind tiredness or frustration, but if pushed beyond this point, it can lead to anger, poor body coordination, depression, and eventually burnout. Starting in our mind, fatigue soon impacts all aspects of life from work and relationships to simply exercising. You can notice that even the easiest tasks around the house become more complex to do.
Taking a rest is usually more than enough to get back on track. However, despite being natural, mental fatigue shouldn’t be ignored because for its chronic form, just rest becomes no longer effective.
Why mental fatigue is dangerous to your business
If you run a business and have got a team behind you, your (and your team’s) success is determined by your commitment and willpower to sustain the momentum. Mental fatigue will make you unable to push your business forward and gain more income. You don’t succeed, and, as a result, you and your team may soon face financial difficulties.
Even if you don’t have a business, but simply a job, mental fatigue can still harm your career when you run your brain on empty for a long time. Your attention to detail and overall efficiency decrease. Your brain needs immediate rehabilitation, and we will tell you how to do it.
7 ways to keep mental fatigue under control and prevent burnout
- Approach difficult cognitive task in several attempts and think afresh.If you work on a task for too long, you become insensitive and unable to spot errors.
- Take time away from stress factors by playing some easy smartphone games.A mindless activity for 10-15 minutes will reboot your brain and let you come back to your task laser-focused.
- Take relaxation breaks.Meditation or prayer (whatever you practice) in silence with your eyes closed is a perfect reset button to restore your brain’s ability to concentrate.
- Go for a walk.Escape from your stressors to the street or park to enjoy the surroundings, let your brain just wander exploring the new scenery. Up to 15 minutes is enough to get back to work with a clear head.
- More water. Less coffee and sugar.Coffee can harm your mental activity by overstimulating (and tiring) your mind while sugar makes your blood sugar level crash after a while living you depleted.
- Get enough sleep.8 hours is a classic recommendation. Sometimes, you can have less, but don’t forget to return to a normal sleep to get your mind restored.
- Organize your working environment.Chaos and disorder make you feel more exhausted than usual. You mind strives for order, and so must do you.
We hope these tips will help you keep your brain razor-sharp for the best success and many important and wonderful things to grasp in your life.