If you are an introvert be proud to be one.
Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.Humility and tenderness are not virtues of the weak, but of the strong.
Being an Introvert has its own goodness, But it also comes with some drawbacks, Here are a few of them.
- It’s too hard for me to say no whether it’s a favour or invitation i become dull at that situation, not that i don’t wish to it’s just i don’t know how to.
- I seldom speak up for myself, Not because i am scared, but because I don’t want people to feel like they have to be terrified of me.
- being a quiet person in a crowd of people is hard for introverts, then worrying about who will approach you first, later on, to show other people trying to be an extrovert which turned to be a total failure.
- I never say i am too busy to listen or to just be a companion. I don’t want them to feel alone. I always feel like maybe they have no one else to turn to.
- When they need me, I drop whatever it is i am doing to help them, encourage them, and convince them that pain is temporary. that they are strong, and that they are not a burden.
- I don’t want them to feel like they have to do anything outstanding to be forgiven because forgiveness is free and it restores peace, not only externally but also inside the depths of one’s heart.
- I get taken for granted. Because i hardly say no, They reach out to me only when it is convenient and when their life picks up again; I get tossed aside.
- They think just because i don’t say anything; I am fine with everything. and it feels under-appreciated.
- I keep everything I go through to myself. I don’t want to be the burden that I am. I get scolded for being a pushover.
- Every time i say something it has to be perfect else it will turn out to be super weird.
- text conversation is preferable over the phone conversation unless it’s important and urgent.
- It’s hard to keeping in touch just to keep in touch with people.
- All my life, I have been trying to do what is right as always trying to put other peoples needs over mine. Even if it still hurts. But then I realised, who will fill up the holes in my heart before I run out of pieces trying to fix others?
Introverts always ended up doing the same thing over and over. they have always wanted to try to fix people. they never thought that in return, it would break us.
What will happen to me?
Will anyone finally care?
Will anyone be there to lend me some pieces i gave away?
who will be there for me when i don’t have anything to give?
I have learned to fake happiness. Maybe all those things i do to other people are driven by hope, hope that someone deems me worthy enough to be heard, to be understood. All the things I say to other people are the words i want someone to tell me. I want someone to make me feel like I am more than just a pushover, that i am worthy. But i hope someone remembers that i am human too.
If you too face such situations here are some pieces of advice i want to give,
- Free yourself from negative people.
- Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and like-minded.
- Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be.
- Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it.