A Few Reminders For People With Difficult Family Relationships
• You are not alone. There is no such thing as a “perfect” family.
• You are not obligated to have relationships with unhealthy people.
• You do not have to like every person in your family.
• You cannot create healthy relationships with people who are not interested in having healthy relationships.
• You are not betraying anyone by speaking your truth. You’re honoring yourself.
• It’s okay to be different from the other people in your family.
• You can create family relationships with people who are not related to you.
– Nedra Tawwab