12. The empath gets confused.
Why they have meted out such behavior, is beyond their understanding. They start blaming themselves and wonder if they are at all worthy of being loved by anyone at all.
13. At this point, the empath is not able to understand that they are just being manipulated.
Their partner has bent everything around them to create a twisted view of the circumstances. There can be anything around them to let them know the truth that they are the one who is “right” and it’s their partner who is tremendously “wrong” and wicked.
14. The empath will try to communicate with the narcissist in all truthfulness.
The narcissist will, however, justify their behavior and pass the blame.
15. It is normal to feel lost, confused and hurt.
But despite all the heart-break, the empath will need to be calm and do some self-evaluation to figure out how they became so defenseless. This is how they will start transforming.
16. The empath will know that they are by nature healers.
They have the inner strength to help others in the right ways, sometimes as a duty and sometimes when life brings them to such situations.
17. The empath has to realize the bitter truth that not everyone deserves their love, care, and affection.
Not everyone who seems distressed and unhappy is revealing their true self. There are some people who have sinister motives and have a very different outlook towards relationships and people than they do. Not everyone they fall in love with can be trusted so quickly.
Are you trying to move on from narcissistic abuse? Read Healing From Narcissistic Abuse: Here’s How To Get Started
18. In this situation, the empath must realize that they too are in a very bad situation something of which the narcissist in their life always spoke of.
But, in their case, it would be different. They would make positive efforts and heal themselves. The narcissist will not.
19. For an empath, this will be a painful awakening.
They will learn from the experience to move ahead.
20. The narcissist will continue as if nothing happened and they are completely innocent.
They won’t remember for a moment that someone loved them so deeply and intensely. They won’t remember the powerful bond they once had with someone and just move on to find it somewhere else. A time will come when they will know they can neither connect with themselves nor with other people.
21. The narcissist will move on.
In time they will find another victim.
22. The empath will be stronger, wiser and be more cautious about who they time, affection and love.
Even though the relationship might have been an incredibly traumatic and painful one, an empath can see it as a lesson. They will now know what they don’t want and what is acceptable and what is not. This will further help them be in happier and more normal relationships.
Empaths are extremely strong individuals, and narcissists are equally weak. Even though healing from narcissistic abuse is a long process, it can turn an empath’s life for the better and help them live their best lives.
If you want to know more about the relationship between an empath and a narcissist, check out this video below: