Remember that you are a drug
No matter how long you’ve been together, the narcissist will always act like they control everything you do. No matter what lines you draw, they’ll overstep them and simply ask for your forgiveness later. It’s nice to believe that they keep coming back because they really love you and want to be with you. But more often than not, you’re just a way to feed their addiction.
Ever since the break-up, they’ll try to continue the cycle of tearing you down and building you back up before tearing you down again. So, don’t give them any opportunities to reestablish themselves.
It will be tempting to believe that they really have changed but as soon as you relent, they’ll go back to their old ways. They’re only in it for the games they can play to retain their control over you.
Mentally prepare yourself for the insanity that will ensue when you break up with them. If you stay strong, they will eventually lose heart and probably go off looking for another victim.
Just remind yourself that you are worthy of a love that they cannot provide because they care for no one else but themselves. They do not deserve you and there is no reason for you to continue suffering.
You May Also Like:
- 3 Sneaky And Scary Breakup Tactics Of A Narcissist
- You Were Never in a Relationship with the Narcissist
- 4 Reasons Why Narcissists Often “Recycle” Their Partners
- 5 Things A Narcissist Does To Keep You From Leaving Them Ever
- 8 Things To Expect When You Break Up With A Narcissist
- Why Breaking Up With A Narcissist Is Not Your Average Break Up
How A Narcissist Deals With A Break-up: The 6 Stages and After Effects