Do you recognize this scenario in your own life? Imagine that before the start of your day you have all the intentions in the world to be mindful, keep your stress at a minimum, increase your instant well-being.
You even have plans to finally sign up for that yoga class tonight (which you have postponed twice before).
The day turns on its head and the blissful work day is resembling nothing of that…
The plan to have a great day suddenly turned into a nightmare.
And it’s not even lunch yet…
On a really busy day every single thought about your own self care gets put waaay to the side and instead, it’s GO-GO-GO!!
Have you had those days?
What I described above is a too common scenario for many busy working women who are multi-tasking both at work and at home, feeling like there’s no end in sight.
Can you relate?
For me, it wasn’t until sometime after 9pm or later that the GO-GO-GO feeling could ease off chasing my mind and body, at the same time it felt like it was too late in the day to go back to being blissfully mindful.
Oh well, no well-being that day either…
As I described, the lessons I learned were some hard ones, but now I’d like to share a different approach with you that I have discovered and leaned on for a long time now with some pretty amazing results.
NOW I AM BUSIER THAN EVER BEFORE, BUT FEELING BETTER THAN EVER.
How can that be?
If you’re having that nightmare kind of day, these tips may help you ease off that feeling of going on autopilot and just pushing through the day (or week!).
It’s an opportunity to give yourself some space in your day. Even if it’s the busiest day ever.
The kind of space where you can bring forward the feeling of well-being in an instant, and that makes all the difference.
7 tips to create feelings of instant well-being on a really busy day:
1) “WHAT CAN I LEARN FROM THIS?”
- If you’re in the midst of all the stress, there’s this question that can take the edge off any rushed mind. The question is “What can I learn from this?”. It’s such a powerful question that it’ll put you right into the present moment.
- If you’re not asking yourself that question, start today. Without self awareness you’ll be doing the same thing five years from now an can never increase your well-being.
- Therefore, it’s through your intention and willingness to learn that you grow, and it’s never too late to say YES!.
2) “HOW CAN I TUNE INTO THIS MOMENT?”
- To amplify clarity and focus in the day it’s essential to learn how to tune into yourself at any time you want. Through meditation you’ll tune into yourself in an instant.
- It’s the easiest way to give yourself space in the day, even if it’s for 3 minutes at your desk.
- Next, try my 3-min meditations designed for when you are at work HERE.
3) “OK, WHAT’S THE SITUATION, REALLY?
- The second you get real about what’s going on right now, that’s when the opportunity to change the situation is right in front of you.
- In that moment, decide if you’re going to complain about how stressful your work day is so far, OR if you’re going to look for what’s good about the day so far?
- I’d like to challenge you with that. Prove to yourself there is something good in ANY situation. By bringing in a thought of gratitude you’ll give yourself the positive boost you need on a stressful day and increase your well-being.