1. Is a person who will never hold themselves accountable for anything untoward. They will shift the blame onto others and never take responsibility for their bad behaviour. Their failures are always someone else’s fault. Never let someone blame you for a mistake you didn’t make.
2. Is a person who manipulates others into behaving and thinking as they deem fit. They cause chaos where once there was none, and pit people against each other. They will twist words, sometimes a hint of truth brewed with lies and stirred well.
4. Is a control freak… Someone who wants everything on their terms, no matter what the cost. It’s their way or the highway. Their point of view is and must be correct. They are ruthless, often cruel in achieving their goals.
5. Is someone who lacks empathy. Underneath the fake exterior lies a heart as cold as ice. They are unable or refuse to put themselves in another’s shoes. They don’t care if they hurt you, their children, their parents, anyone, as long as they don’t get hurt themselves. If someone gets hurt, that’s ok, they deserved it.
6. Is someone who wants to keep you financially dependent on them. If you don’t have money or an income, how can you leave?
7. Is someone who is a pathological liar. They are convincing and accomplished liars making up lies faster than you can question them.
8. Is a high flyer.. Someone who will make sure they get to the top and doesn’t care who they trample on to get there. They will lie, deceive, backstab, exploit and fake their own achievements to get the desired result. If you happen to be in the way of their goals, don’t be surprised if your character is assassinated or you are blamed for things you did not do.
9. Is a vindictive bully. Someone who will gossip, lie and slander their target without mercy.
10. Is someone with low self esteem. Despite what they often portray, someone who is full of self-confidence, this is someone who is extremely jealous of your popularity. They will take on your mannerisms to become just like you while destroying your reputation in the process.
11. Is someone who appears to be very charismatic when you meet them initially. The longer you know a narcissist, the less likely you are to be fooled by that false persona.