Do you know you can remove toxins and heavy metals from your body by detoxing your feet? Although detox therapy offers several health benefits, it may be difficult for many people to go for expensive full body detox treatment. There is a growing demand for foot detox that can help you get rid of any harmful substances in your body.
Because as per Chinese reflexology, our feet have natural energy zones which are connected to important organs in our body. Therefore, you can remove toxins from your body through foot detox.
People who support foot detox claim that this process improves mood, reduces stress, boosts immunity to illness, and balances the body’s pH.
Here are several ways in which you can detox your body through the feet:
Ionic Foot Bath
This is a safe and relaxing method to pull the toxins out of your body through your feet. All you need is an ionising machine that uses an electrical current to create a powerful chemical reaction. The machine will ionise the foot bath water and the process is similar to electrolysis.
While the warm water opens pores, the salt works as an anti-inflammatory agent. The hydrogen in the water gets a positive charge and can easily attract the negatively charged toxins in your body and pull out the heavy metals and toxins through the bottom of your feet.
That’s how ionic foot bath detoxifies the whole body. If the salt gets dark, it’s an indication that the method is working.
There are alternate methods to an ionic foot bath and the most common is a foot soak. It is a very simple method where people soak their feet in warm water containing Epsom salts or a few drops of essential oil to the water. However, salt detox is not recommended if you have open sores on your feet. Here’re different types of salt detox recipes:
1. Epsom salt foot soak
- Take a pot, boil the water and add 1 cup of Epsom salt. Make sure the water is lukewarm.
- Pour the warm water in a tub. You can also essential oils in it.
- Now soak your feet for 20-30 minutes for best results.
This mixture will increase your magnesium levels, reduce skin irritation and detoxify your body.
2. Olive oil foot scrub
Make a mixture of –
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- A half-cup of olive oil
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil
Now apply the foot scrub to each foot and gently massage (especially the sole and the areas between the toes) for 10-15 minutes. Once you’re done rinse the scrub off and pat the feet dry with a towel.
3. Apple cider vinegar soak
- Take a tub of warm water and add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Then, soak the feet for 20–30 minutes. Vinegar is antimicrobial and may deodorize the feet.
4. Baking soda and sea salt soak
- Boil water in a pot and add to the tub once cool down.
- Then dissolve 1 cup of sea salt and 1 cup of baking soda.
- Now soak your feet in a warm foot bath for 30 minutes.
5. Bentonite clay detox recipe
Prepare a clay mixture with
- 3 tbsp of bentonite clay
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of tea tree essential oil
Fill a tub with hot water and dissolve Epsom salt in it, then keep aside.