The Top 10 Mental Health Tips For The Holidays
- Be kind to yourself.
- More is not necessarily better.
- Keep expectations realistic.
- Old patterns will naturally start to appear around the holidays, especially when you are with relatives or under stress.
- Remember that other people cannot read your mind or anticipate your needs.
- Remember that “family” is another way of saying “people who love, support, and care about me.”
- Pause and think through any major announcements or decisions you want to make during the holidays.
- Plan sanity time-outs.
- Choose your battles.
- Do something silly.
– Howard Brown Health Center.