What you can do here is that instead of going cold turkey and giving no response, you can let the other person know that you are in the process of thinking and you would get back to them at the earliest.
In this way, you would avoid unnecessary hurt and confusion caused by your delayed response.
3) Both Legs
If the first thing that you noticed while looking at the image was both legs, then you are the kind of communicator who doesn’t usually think before speaking.
You have very strong opinions and extreme emotions and you like to share them as quickly as possible. This makes you spontaneous and witty and a lot of people admire you for your no holds barred attitude but it can also cause a lot of heartache to some people around you.
It would help you if you could just take a moment to step back and analyze your thoughts and feelings and how they would impact others instead of just blurting them out to other people.
Here is a bonus list of tips that I have compiled from Don Miguel Ritz’s classic book
“The Four Agreements” to help you improve your communication style and help you blossom into your highest potential:
1) “Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.”
2) “Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use your power of your word in the direction of truth and love.”
3) “In any kind of relationship we can make the assumption that others know what we think, and we don’t have to say what we want. They are going to do what we want because they know us so well. If they don’t do what we want, what we assume they should do, we feel hurt and think, “How could you do that? You should know.” Again, we make the assumption that the other person knows what we want. A whole drama is created because we make this assumption and then put more assumptions on
top of it.”
― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
You may also like
- 10 Mind Bending Optical Illusions That Will Help Reveal Secrets About Your Personality
- Pick A Tribal Mask That Resonates Most With You And Find Out Who You Really Are
- The Path You Choose Reveals Your Life Philosophy
- This Circle Test Will Tell A LOT About Your Personality