A beacon of light is all you need when passing through a dark tunnel. Inspirational quotes play the same role in your life when you are suffering from depression and anxiety. Here’re 50+ inspirational quotes for depression and anxiety to help you manage your mood, ease your fears, boost positive thinking and get through the trying of times.
Acording to the Anxiety & Depression Association of America (ADAA) Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults age 18 and older. It’s not uncommon for a person with anxiety to struggle with depression or vice versa. Nearly one-half of those diagnosed with depression are also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
So, this post brings to you inspirational quotes for depression and anxiety. These are not just quotes but positive mantras. Some anxiety or depression quotes will work like mini therapy sessions as they did for me when I was battling with both depression and anxiety disorder after losing my father to severe cardiac arrest followed by a series of physical health issues.
These quotes helped me sometimes when I was too depressed to even wake up and brush my teeth in the morning. They were like morning mental booster. Some of these quotes were powerful enough to slow down racing thoughts in my mind. My therapist can’t be my side 24/7. But these quotes will!
The collection of calm, motivating thoughts and sayings you are going to read here are straight from my personal diary. Read them daily because Zig Ziglar says “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.” Use sticky notes or letterboard or anything to see these quotes wherever you go or use one of these depressions and anxiety quotes as a daily reminder for a mental health boost.
Let’s get started.
Here Are 50+ Inspirational Quotes For Depression And Anxiety
Depression Quotes To Lift Your Spirits
1.”You say you’re ‘depressed’—all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective—it just means you’re human.” – David Mitchell
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~ Confucius
3. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.”—Mitch Albom
4. “Life is 10 percent what you experience and 90 percent how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
5. “You’re like a grey sky. You’re beautiful, even though you don’t want to be.” – Jasmine Warga.
6. “Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength—carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”– Corrie Ten Boom.
Related: 35+ Funny Quotes About Work Stress
7. “I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – William James.
8. “Remember, happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have. It depends solely upon what you think.” – Dale Carnegie.
9. “Your incredible brain can take you from rags to riches, from loneliness to popularity, and from depression to happiness and joy – if you use it properly.” – Brian Tracy.
10. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” — William James
11. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them”. ― George Bernard Shaw
12. “You don’t drown by falling into water. You only drown if you stay there.” —Zig Ziglar
13. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” ― Charlie Chaplin
14. Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. – Zig Ziglar
15. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side”. – Heather Stillufsen
16. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.” —Thomas Jefferson.
Related: 30+ Kurt Cobain Quotes That Will Touch Your Soul
18. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.” — Ana Monnar
19. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” —Anonymous
20. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” —William S. Burroughs
21. “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”—Reinhold Niebuhr
22. “If we wanted to change the situation, we first had to change ourselves. And to change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”—Stephen Covey
23. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.”—Joyce Meyer
24. When you feel overwhelmed, remember: A little at a time is how it gets done. One thing, one task, one moment at a time.”—Anonymous
25. “Surrender to what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.”—Sonia Ricotti
26. “When you walk through a storm hold your head up high, and don’t be afraid of the dark/At the end of the storm is a golden sky, and the sweet silver song of a lark.” —Oscar Hammerstein II
27. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression…It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.”—Grenville Kleiser
28. “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now.”—Carl Sandburg
29. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.”—Nicole Reed
30. “Going through things you never thought you’d go through will only take you places you never thought you’d get to.”—Morgan Harper Nichols
31. “You can’t go back and make a new start, but you can start right now and make a brand new ending.”—James R. Sherman
32. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”—Henry Ford
33. “I just give myself permission to suck…I find this hugely liberating.” —John Green
34. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman.
35. “I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.”― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Anxiety Quotes To Relax Your Mind
36. “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.”– Søren Kierkegaard
37. “Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems.”– Epictetus
38. “Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety.” – Plato
39. “Stress, anxiety and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho.
40. “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” – John C. Maxwell
41. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.”– Jodi Picoult
Related: 50 Best Karma Quotes That Will Make You Believe In Fate
42. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.” – Paulo Coelho.
43. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength”. – Charles Spurgeon34. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”― George Addair
44. “There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.” ― Henry David Thoreau
45. “What else does anxiety about the future bring you but sorrow upon sorrow?” ―Thomas a Kempis
46. “Our stresses, anxieties, pains and problems arise because we do not see the world, others or even ourselves as worthy of love.”—Prem Prakash
47. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” —Arthur Somers Roche
48. “He felt like normal. Filled with anxiety, dread, sure. But even that wasn’t unusual…” ― John Ajvide Lindqvist
49. “We all have anxiety about things. We all have little insecurities, but eventually you have to face your fears if you want to be successful, and everybody has some fear of failure.” —Nick Saban
50. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it— just as we have learned to live with storms.” —Paulo Coelho
51. “My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.” —Hugh Prather
Related: 50+ Best Badass Quotes To Unlock Your Fearless Side
52. “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.”—Aesop
53. “Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You’re strong. You got this. Take it day by day.”—Karen Salmansohn
54. “There are two ways to get rid of an anxiety monster, my nd—you either have a bath or a nap.” —Andrew Kaufman
55. “When you’re feeling anxious, remember that you’re still you. You are not anxiety. Whenever you feel otherwise, remember that’s the anxiety talking. You are still you and hold the power in every moment.” – Deanne Repich
Which depression and anxiety quotes did you like most? Let us know in the comments below! And don’t neglect or delay taking the help of a mental health professional when you are suffering from depression and anxiety.
Please share these inspirational quotes for depression and anxiety with anyone who you may think will find them valuable and helpful.
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it!
Leave a Reply