A beacon of light is all you need when passing through a dark tunnel. Inspirational quotes play the same role in your life when you are suffering from depression and anxiety. Here’re 50+ inspirational quotes for depression and anxiety to help you manage your mood, ease your fears, boost positive thinking and get through the trying of times.
Acording to the Anxiety & Depression Association of America (ADAA) Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults age 18 and older. It’s not uncommon for a person with anxiety to struggle with depression or vice versa. Nearly one-half of those diagnosed with depression are also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
So, this post brings to you inspirational quotes for depression and anxiety. These are not just quotes but positive mantras. Some anxiety or depression quotes will work like mini therapy sessions as they did for me when I was battling with both depression and anxiety disorder after losing my father to severe cardiac arrest followed by a series of physical health issues.
These quotes helped me sometimes when I was too depressed to even wake up and brush my teeth in the morning. They were like morning mental booster. Some of these quotes were powerful enough to slow down racing thoughts in my mind. My therapist can’t be my side 24/7. But these quotes will!
The collection of calm, motivating thoughts and sayings you are going to read here are straight from my personal diary. Read them daily because Zig Ziglar says “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.” Use sticky notes or letterboard or anything to see these quotes wherever you go or use one of these depressions and anxiety quotes as a daily reminder for a mental health boost.
Let’s get started.
Here Are 50+ Inspirational Quotes For Depression And Anxiety
Depression Quotes To Lift Your Spirits
1.”You say you’re ‘depressed’—all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective—it just means you’re human.” – David Mitchell
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~ Confucius
3. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.”—Mitch Albom
4. “Life is 10 percent what you experience and 90 percent how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
5. “You’re like a grey sky. You’re beautiful, even though you don’t want to be.” – Jasmine Warga.
6. “Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength—carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”– Corrie Ten Boom.
Related: 35+ Funny Quotes About Work Stress
7. “I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – William James.
8. “Remember, happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have. It depends solely upon what you think.” – Dale Carnegie.
9. “Your incredible brain can take you from rags to riches, from loneliness to popularity, and from depression to happiness and joy – if you use it properly.” – Brian Tracy.
10. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” — William James
11. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them”. ― George Bernard Shaw
12. “You don’t drown by falling into water. You only drown if you stay there.” —Zig Ziglar
13. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” ― Charlie Chaplin
14. Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. – Zig Ziglar
15. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side”. – Heather Stillufsen
16. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.” —Thomas Jefferson.
18. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.” — Ana Monnar
19. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” —Anonymous
20. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” —William S. Burroughs
21. “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”—Reinhold Niebuhr
22. “If we wanted to change the situation, we first had to change ourselves. And to change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”—Stephen Covey
23. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.”—Joyce Meyer
24. When you feel overwhelmed, remember: A little at a time is how it gets done. One thing, one task, one moment at a time.”—Anonymous
25. “Surrender to what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.”—Sonia Ricotti