Lee Jun-fan, or more popularly known as Bruce Lee, no wonder he is a legend for a reason. Here are powerful Bruce Lee quotes that are packed with wisdom and lessons of life.
Bruce Lee brought martial arts to the mainstream cinema, boasting a level of skills that only a few can match. This legend was a philosopher, martial art expert, film-maker and an actor. His up notch skills not only made him a popular name in the 20th century but, his films are still watched and his name remembered, even today. He continues to inspire many athletes, bodybuilders, sports enthusiasts and even average men to adopt his approach to training and way of living life.
Here are 25 powerful Bruce Lee quotes that are packed with wisdom and lessons of life.
1) “As you think, so shall you become.”
2) “As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
3) “In order to control myself I must first accept myself by going with and not against my nature.”
4) “If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo.”
5) “Things live by moving and gain strength as they go.”
6) “All knowledge ultimately means Self-knowledge.”
7) “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.”
8) “Be happy, but never satisfied.”
9) “Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.”
10) “Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
11) “You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass.”
12) “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
13) “One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm.”
14) “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
15) “Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.”
16) “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”
17) “Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”
18) “Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. — there is “what is” only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.”
19) “If there is a God, he is within. You don’t ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.”