Adversity Gives Us Empathy And Kindness – But It Can Also Give Us Unbearable Anxiety. If you have people in your life who are anxious just remember that they are kind too. This post will help you better understand anxious but kind people and deepen your relationship with them.
“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen,” wrote Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.
Here Are 20 Things To Know When You Love Someone Like This:
1. They Have No Problem Apologizing And Admitting Fault
What they struggle with is admitting when someone has hurt them.
2. They Are Deeply Perceptive.
It can be difficult to hide your emotions from people like this, because they are anxious but kind.
3. This Person Is Both A Lover And A Fighter.
Don’t be fooled by their vulnerability. They are fiercely protective of the people they care for.
4. They Are Much More Focused On Giving
Than on receiving, often attempting to pour from an empty cup.
5. The Way They Choose To Treat You Is Not Conditional
The way they choose to treat you is not conditional on the way that you treat them. Your partner’s behavior is a reflection on their own heart – not on yours.
6. The Worrying Is Constant.
Logic won’t do much to solve it – your partner knows their fears aren’t reasonable. All you can do is provide reassurance and love.
7. They Will Forgive Too Easily And Too Often.
Don’t take advantage of this.
8. Unlikely To Play Power Games.
Power isn’t what your anxious partner wants from you.
9. Their Clinginess Comes From A Fear Of Abandonment.
Indulge it, and it will fade as their trust in you grows. Fight it, and it will become stronger.
10. They Will Feel Their Emotions Very Deeply
Even when these emotions come from another person’s pain and not their own.
This can cause agony, but it can also build empathy.
They may seem like they are over apologizing sometimes, However, be assured that it is sincere. They are even harder on themselves than they are on you. They struggle deeply with empathy and self-blame.
12. Talking About Situations That Are Unlikely To Ever Happen.
They know it’s not rational, but they appreciate your patience.
13. Your Partner Will Go Far Out Of Their Way Not To Hurt You
They will mot hurt you or anyone else! Sometimes this will come at the expense of their own self-care.